Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule  (Read 18761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline GIDEON

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 1626
  • Learn it! Life it! LOVE IT!
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
  • Location: South Africa
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 06:34:42 AM »
The check sheet is for the White tiger, because its the fastest they want you safe rather than sorry  :007:
"Horsepower is an illusory Mathematical equation
 Torque is the source of all Good things in the world"
-Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it-

Offline Turboarrow

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 409
  • Bike: T800 Roadie
  • Location: London uk.
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 07:48:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by GIDEON [+]
The check sheet is for the White tiger, because its the fastest they want you safe rather than sorry  :007:
Of course it is, silly me. :028:
There's old pilots and there's bold pilots, but there's no old bold pilots.

Offline nomosnow

  • Tiger Cub
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »
 I noticed that the maintenance schedule notes "air cleaner renew in 12000 kms". So it's a paper element and if this bike is really going to be ridden a great deal in dusty conditions as in gravel roads this is way too long a servcie interval. I bet the manual will also say service more frequently in dusty conditions. And also it will say see the dealer for the procedure in servicing the air cleaner. :151:
 
 
 
 

Offline Bert the tigger

  • Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • *
  • Posts: 1140
  • Location: Kent, England
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by GIDEON [+]
Thanks will put it on my wall  :001:

Can we have a picture of your wall ? :008: :008:
White 800XC ABS A1, the fast colour

Offline Goulash

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 706
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
  • Location: Brighton
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by nomosnow [+]
I noticed that the maintenance schedule notes "air cleaner renew in 12000 kms". So it's a paper element and if this bike is really going to be ridden a great deal in dusty conditions as in gravel roads this is way too long a servcie interval. I bet the manual will also say service more frequently in dusty conditions. And also it will say see the dealer for the procedure in servicing the air cleaner. :151:

Other option will be to buy a K&N filter and not worry about it. That just needs an airgun through it occasionally and light oiling every 50k if i remember right
"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

Offline KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8813
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Goulash [+]
Other option will be to buy a K&N filter and not worry about it. That just needs an airgun through it occasionally and light oiling every 50k if i remember right

Pipercross is a better bet I think.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Wonko the Sane

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 113
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx'15
  • Location: Prescott Valley
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 12:17:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by Turboarrow [+]
More checks than a fighter pilot does

Doesn't a fighter pilot have a crew chief for that?  :008:

Offline KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8813
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane [+]
Doesn't a fighter pilot have a crew chief for that?  :008:

Yes but they still must do a walk round and sign the log book.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline whereisbobl

  • Tiger Member
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Bike: 2011 T8XC
  • Location: NH, USA
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 12:51:58 AM »
What's up with the requirement of an Autoscan every 12k miles (that's 3 times a year for me).   Is this something that is REALLY required?   Will I have to get this done for warranty?   I NEVER take my bikes to a dealer.   Will this be a problem?

Bob L

Offline KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8813
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 10:04:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by whereisbobl [+]
What's up with the requirement of an Autoscan every 12k miles (that's 3 times a year for me).   Is this something that is REALLY required?   Will I have to get this done for warranty?   I NEVER take my bikes to a dealer.   Will this be a problem?

Bob L

Autoscan = checking the error log.  Download TuneECU (free), buy cable (approx 11) and you can do it yourself.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

 


Recent Topics


winded-staunch