Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule  (Read 18780 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jallen

  • Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 339
  • Bike: Tiger 800
  • Location: Luton, England
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 10:54:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by whereisbobl [+]
What's up with the requirement of an Autoscan every 12k miles (that's 3 times a year for me).   Is this something that is REALLY required?   Will I have to get this done for warranty?   I NEVER take my bikes to a dealer.   Will this be a problem?

Bob L

If you are in the UK and don't take your bike to an Authorised Triumph Dealer to be serviced on time your Warranty will be invalidated.

Offline Simon Smith

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 539
  • Location: Surrey, UK
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by jallen [+]
If you are in the UK and don't take your bike to an Authorised Triumph Dealer to be serviced on time your Warranty will be invalidated.

Not true, just traded my Scrambler and Thruxton to get the Tiger, both were serviced by me and I stamped my own service book. Thruxton had repairs under warranty, and the dealer sold both bikes as FSH. All I had to do was buy the parts from them.
Tiger 800XC ABS in Orange

Offline jallen

  • Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 339
  • Bike: Tiger 800
  • Location: Luton, England
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 11:33:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Simon Smith [+]
Not true, just traded my Scrambler and Thruxton to get the Tiger, both were serviced by me and I stamped my own service book. Thruxton had repairs under warranty, and the dealer sold both bikes as FSH. All I had to do was buy the parts from them.

The wording of the warranty seems to contradict this. I don't want to get into an argument about it but I think you were lucky given personal experience of warranty claims:

3. The machine must have been serviced by
an authorised Triumph dealer, at the
intervals specified in the Triumph Owners
Handbook and the service log completed
accordingly.

Online KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8815
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by jallen [+]
The wording of the warranty seems to contradict this. I don't want to get into an argument about it but I think you were lucky given personal experience of warranty claims:

3. The machine must have been serviced by
an authorised Triumph dealer, at the
intervals specified in the Triumph Owners
Handbook and the service log completed
accordingly.

That's actually wrong in law as there is legal precedent that says that any suitably qualified dealer/technician can service a vehicle as long as parts used are authorised by the manufacturer.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline jallen

  • Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 339
  • Bike: Tiger 800
  • Location: Luton, England
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 12:47:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
That's actually wrong in law as there is legal precedent that says that any suitably qualified dealer/technician can service a vehicle as long as parts used are authorised by the manufacturer.

I agree but they probably don't have to give 2 years unlimited mileage warranty and would probably kick back on any out of warranty claims. This was certainly my experience with Honda when I attempted to make a goodwill warranty claim.

Offline Simon Smith

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 539
  • Location: Surrey, UK
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
That's actually wrong in law as there is legal precedent that says that any suitably qualified dealer/technician can service a vehicle as long as parts used are authorised by the manufacturer.

 :0461:

And there is no legal definition of a qualified technician, basically if you have a rubber stamp and are "competent" that will suffice. But being VAT registered helps as it proves you are a business.


I have been trained by Honda for their power equipment side, and now we are not Honda agents anymore I can tell you they are complete A:172:holes to their dealers as well. I know of one instance where a Fireblade was fitted with a HP restrictor by a Honda agent for export to France. It caught fire and Honda declined any responsibility.
Tiger 800XC ABS in Orange

Offline jallen

  • Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • *
  • Posts: 339
  • Bike: Tiger 800
  • Location: Luton, England
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Simon Smith [+]
:0461:

And there is no legal definition of a qualified technician, basically if you have a rubber stamp and are "competent" that will suffice. But being VAT registered helps as it proves you are a business.


I have been trained by Honda for their power equipment side, and now we are not Honda agents anymore I can tell you they are complete A:172:holes to their dealers as well. I know of one instance where a Fireblade was fitted with a HP restrictor by a Honda agent for export to France. It caught fire and Honda declined any responsibility.
I attempted to put in an out of warranty claim on a burnt out stator (bike was 2 years 3 months old) and was told I had no chance. If I had purchased the previous model year bike it would have been covered by an extended 5 year warranty but the issue had apparently been cured on my model. I didn't get very far with the sump leaking claim either. I won't be purchasing another Honda.

John

Offline brid tiger

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 795
  • Jet tiger the best colour.....
  • Bike: tiger 800
  • Location: bridlington
Re: Tiger 800 maintenance schedule
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »
Lets face it in this day and age if they can walk away from a claim they are going to do it .So i am just going to get Triumph to service it for the first two years and then see whats about ,the service cost are not to bad apart from the 24000 miles one .Its a brand new model after all and unproven so i wont be digger my own hole .................... :002:
Based in Bridlington on the East coast of the UK............

 


Recent Topics