Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kriega us 30 dry bag  (Read 4800 times)

Offline linnet

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 xc white
Kriega us 30 dry bag
« on: December 29, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »
Been looking at the kriega us30 dry bag,any comments on those who are using one?
Also any photo of one fitted to bike....
Cheers.
Linnet :417:

Offline nzfiretiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2013Road T800abs
Re: Kriega us 30 dry bag
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 06:30:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by linnet [+]
Been looking at the kriega us30 dry bag,any comments on those who are using one?
Also any photo of one fitted to bike....
Cheers.
Linnet :417:
Hi linnet,
                       I have the kiega US 20 and 10 set up on my tiger check out my pics(nzfiretiger)....they are a well made drybag and value for money,and once the strap system is sorted they work well, I also have the US 5 tankbag set up ,its ok but Im changing this to the SW Motech city tankbag set up shortly....

Cheers nzfiretiger

Online rozzer

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Speed Twin
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »
Hi Linnet,
              I have the US30 and it is very well made,completely waterproof,and value for money,can't say anything against it.

Offline taff

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XC
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »
another thumbs up for a great bit of kit.

I've read of a few people that didn't manage to get the hang of the straps and never felt that it was secure, I have no idea what the hell they were doing wrong because mine is always solid and irs been used on several different bikes.

Offline linnet

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 xc white
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
Thanks for your replies, :046:
Happy new year to everyone  :417:
Cheers
Linnet.....

Offline rob100961

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xc
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »
I'm not sure what the Kreiga US30 dry bag is exactly, but I was put on to the Ortlieb fully waterproof roll bags a few years back, and have found them very waterproof.

You have to bungee them to the back of the bikes saddle or similar position, but they do stay wet and make taking your stuff of the bike very easy.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick apologies, just trying to add some more info :-)

Rob
Aprilia Pegaso 650 single (2000) - Sorta burgundy?
Triumph Tiger 800XC (2012) - Orange

Online fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »
Rok Straps are very good for putting anything on your bike. They can hold 50kg !

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »
Can't speak for the 30 ltr bag but I have a Kriega 20 and its is very well made (never seen anything better) and totally waterproof. I am sure the 30 ltr will be the same. Straps are a bit of a faff but never had problems securing the bag to the bike.

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Orange XC
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »
The inner waterproof bag does develop some black fungus on it if left on the bike in the damp. Which can be a problem if on tour for a while. If used as a tail pack then the straps are a pain especially if the bag is off the bike. easy to loose the US straps.
Bikes
Tiger Rally Pro
Ex 800 XC owner ( the original silver frame)
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Offline GS42

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800XC
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 04:04:57 AM »
Hi Linnet,

I have my Tiger set up for traveling with a set of Wolfman Expedition Saddle Bags, a Rapid Transit tank bag and a Kriega 30 Dry Bag.  The Kriega I mount on the seat, just behind me.  This set-up works well for me, the weight distribution is good and the entire kit strays is place.  I am pleased with the Kriega bag.  It has kept my gear dry in wet weather and the 30 liter size is ample for my needs.  When not having to pack for a long trip, I often take just the Kriega and the tank bag.  This allows me to bring everything I need for most one or two day rides.  The mounting straps, for the Kriega, run under the rear seat.  I leave those straps mounted and it only takes a couple of minutes to attach or detach the dry bag.   

Recent Topics

winded-staunch