Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Starter Motor  (Read 38567 times)

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: Starter Motor
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »
I believe there's a post on this (somewhere on the forum -- but I can't find it) -- where the poster said he replaced his failed starter motor with Rick's unit and the only size difference issue was a bigger terminal for fitting the battery lead (needed a bigger hole in the end of the battery lead).
"I've a fine felt hat and a strong pair of brogues
and I've rosin in my pocket for my bow.
My fiddle strings are new and I've learned a tune or two
and I'm well prepared to ramble I must go."
Tommy Makem

Offline Telstar

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2019, 05:50:05 PM »
Hi AvgBear it was me that wrote the post regarding the Ricks starter motor it is a direct replacement you just need to drill out the eyelet on the cable that attaches to the starter motor with a 1/4 inch drill as the connecting bolt is a little thicker on the Ricks starter had mine fitted for 5 months now has been perfect no issues at all and less than half the cost of a denso /triumph starter.
My Bikes- Suzuki AP 50 YAMAHA RD 250 Honda XL600 Honda CB 400 Four Suzuki GT 250 Suzuki GSF 650 Harley Davidson Sportster 883

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2019, 05:52:25 PM »
Thanks  :028:
Tommy Makem

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
Looks like I have a hot starting issue  :023:

Just back form a day out to France and on two occasions I stopped the bike and immediately went to fire it back up, first time nothing when I hit the button second time it only just turned over, so guessing it's the same problems as has been mentioned here - 2012 roadie with 31,00 miles.

The bike seems to start no problem if it's been left a minute or two and turns over as expected.

Is the problem likely to get any worse  :261:

Doesn't help if you stall it at a set of lights and need to start it quickly, but I don't want to replace it if it's going to fire up when starting normally  :187:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 12:53:59 PM by sezian »

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2019, 05:01:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by sezian [+]
...on two occasions I stopped the bike and immediately went to fire it back up, first time nothing when I hit the button second time it only just turned over
The bike seems to start no problem if it's been left a minute or two and turns over as expected.
Doesn't help if you stall it at a set of lights and need to start it quickly
Might be two separate issues?
One, the ECM may need to check through its start-up checklist and get an electronic 'handshake' from all sensors after a (inconvenient) shut-down? Immediately pressing the start button may, then, get no result.
Two, "only just turned over" may indicate a starter motor issue -- or, a low voltage issue.
Tommy Makem

Recent Topics

winded-staunch