Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottoiler and Auto-com Fitting  (Read 7458 times)

Offline t8coco

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: SPEED TRIPLE R
Re: Scottoiler and Auto-com Fitting
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »

apart from the high capacity reservoir that is - got one fitted behind the number plate on my Fazer, but seems that the rear end of the tiger is too flimsy. not so good for long distances if you've gotta carry a 500ml bottle with you.
[/quote]
 how about the lube tube i think that would fit under the rack ?
Steve

Offline Frenchie

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Pro
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »
 :0461: t8coco is spot on there. I had a lube tube on my 955i Tiger, did 2000 miles around N.Spain and Portugal and didnt need touching throughout. I'm going to fit one on my scottoiler as soon as its fitted, and theres plenty of room under the seat/rack.

Good post Welshman, thanks for the photos. Ta  :152:

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 08:10:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Frenchie [+]
:0461: t8coco is spot on there. I had a lube tube on my 955i Tiger, did 2000 miles around N.Spain and Portugal and didnt need touching throughout. I'm going to fit one on my scottoiler as soon as its fitted, and theres plenty of room under the seat/rack.

Good post Welshman, thanks for the photos. Ta  :152:
:028: agree
it may have taken Welshman a while to get to grips with posting photo;s, but once hes off and running there's no holding him back

Offline Welshman

• Tiger Master
  • Put a Tiger in your Tank
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 08:40:38 PM »
I get by with a little help from my friends (Healdem). Don't take me long to learn  :062:
I have fixed lube tube also. I feel another pic coming up  :046: tomorrow off to watch England match  :491:
Turboarrow. No problem if you want me to fit it for you just pm me. I live near Hainault Staion on the central line!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:45:38 PM by Welshman »
Welshman From London

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »
I plan on putting other stuff under the rack & seat.
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline Welshman

• Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »
This is the lube tube fitted . That will give me around 6000 miles plus. Good thing about being  under seat  is its easy to get at if you want to change the flow settings. As I am getting a tank bag and top box then why would I want to put it anywhere else! :150:

Welshman From London

Offline mick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800xc
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 09:04:01 PM »
Hey Welshman, who needs a workshop Manuel when we got you the photo king, well done keep it up its much easier looking at pictures than reading instructions.   :152: :047: :047:

Offline brid tiger

• Tiger Master
  • Jet tiger the best colour.....
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 09:37:59 PM »
 :0461:  :460:
Based in Bridlington on the East coast of the UK............

Offline itchyfeet

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Phantom Black XC
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
Hey Welshman,
                          good pics by the way. Which circuit did you use for the autocom wiring? Was it the lighting wiring? If so can you give me the wire colours for poss & neg. Don't have a multi meter!

cheers :031:

Offline Welshman

• Tiger Master
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »

Itchyfeet. I used the rear light wiring (yellow) for live feed Just need to follow it toward rear light, so need to take rear cover off (where my lube tube is) then you will see where it branches off (in2nd pic). Carefully unravel black tape off, and where another cable  branches off on the yellow that's where I soldered mine(red cable) onto the yellow cable for the live feed.I took all the rest of wiring connectors apart to make it easy to get at to solder.DISCONNECT BATTERY EARTH FIRST!!
 I put the black earth onto the frame right by the side of the harness in same place,( it is black) there's a small 6mm bolt, just fix it to that. (bobs your uncle) job done.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:48:57 PM by Welshman »
Welshman From London

Recent Topics