Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My route mega meet  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Tiger Chas

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: BMW 1200 RT LE
My route mega meet
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »
My route to the mega meet.

I am going down on the Friday and will be leaving Harpenden at about 07:00. My first stop will be at the Toby Carvery in Old Windsor. SL4 2RR they do 'all you can eat breakfast'. I hope to be there about 08:20 give or take the rush hour traffic.

My lunch stop will be the Haynes Motor Museum, Sparkford. BA22 7LH. Allowing for sight seeing or a stop to stretch my legs I hope to be there anytime from 12:00 to 13:00. I will not be using motorways and with panniers on I don't expect to have much chance to weave if the traffic is heavy.

The museum last time I was there had just opened but not finished a motorbike section.

From there its about under 2 hors to the hotel, I am staying at the Downs.

If anyone else is about and wants to join me at either location and/or for the ride just send me a message, times can be altered to suit others. Other stops can be added.

:031:

Offline fozzy

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 road
Re: My route mega meet
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:07:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by CharlesLRoberts [+]
My route to the mega meet.

I am going down on the Friday and will be leaving Harpenden at about 07:00. My first stop will be at the Toby Carvery in Old Windsor. SL4 2RR they do 'all you can eat breakfast'. I hope to be there about 08:20 give or take the rush hour traffic.

My lunch stop will be the Haynes Motor Museum, Sparkford. BA22 7LH. Allowing for sight seeing or a stop to stretch my legs I hope to be there anytime from 12:00 to 13:00. I will not be using motorways and with panniers on I don't expect to have much chance to weave if the traffic is heavy.
When you get to Sparkford your only 11 miles from me. We wont be leavin to 3ish so prob a bit late for you.

The museum last time I was there had just opened but not finished a motorbike section.

From there its about under 2 hors to the hotel, I am staying at the Downs.

If anyone else is about and wants to join me at either location and/or for the ride just send me a message, times can be altered to suit others. Other stops can be added.

:031:

Offline fozzy

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 road
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »
Try again! When at Sparkford you are 11 miles from me.We both have to work in the morning so wont be leaving until 3 at the earliest, so probably a bit early for you.

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »
Hi Charles, i am going down on the Thursday but look forward to meeting up with you again.

Offline Tiger Chas

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: BMW 1200 RT LE
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
 Running welll late still eating breakfast at Old Windsor but the extra weight should help keep the bike on the road in the cross winds. Next stop lunch.