Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tip over sensor?  (Read 4238 times)

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: Tip over sensor?
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 07:15:58 AM »
I'm sure it's behind the battery. I suspect the word 'UP' moulded in the case may be a give-away.

You can see it near the middle of the picture here...

...taken from xsilvergs's post about Autocom mounting.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline yiannis

• Tiger Master
  • Greece->Seattle->Barcelona
  • Bike: XC ABS
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 08:36:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tiger Balm [+]
Why wire in a another new ignition disable, or does your alarm not work without it?

It's this hijacking feature of scorpio alarms. The idea is that if someone forces you off the bike and tries to ride away with it, you press the remote while they're still in sight and the bike will shut off after a few seconds.

For this, you need to put the hijacking module inline with a critical wire such as ignition or fuel pump. But I'm hesitant to cut those wires as you need to make sure the connection is rock solid. That and in case something goes wrong I need to be able to bypass it even being on the side of the road.

A nice idea I read elsewhere is to use the tip over sensor (assuming the connection being open is the "all is good" side) since even if the connection is not rock solid, it will not cut off the engine immediately.

But afterwards, I read another brilliant idea which is to use a trick fuse to replace one of the fuses in the fuse box (fuel pump probably). You find or make a fuse that is cut but is bypassed by the module (with the original fuse inline). That way if something goes wrong with the wires, you pop in a normal fuse and you're good to go.

Still, I was curious if there was a tip over sensor.

Offline Tiger Balm

• Tiger Jedi
  • South East UK
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 08:56:45 AM »
Thanks, did not think of the hijack solution.
XC in White on the road...(and off)

Offline Scooby CanDo

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tiger Balm [+]
Thanks, did not think of the hijack solution.

Keep forgetting myself .............. about the 'Hijack'   :087: problem here in the Deep South  :001:
Tiger 800XC - in 'Attitude Black'  ................  Welcome to the Dark Side

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by yiannis [+]
If it's not mentioned in the manual, then it's probably not there.

Anyone willing to knock one over while it's running to check ?  :156:

Normally, these things don't cut the engine off immediately, the ECU kills the engine after the sensor keeps reporting the bike is down for a few seconds, otherwise small jumps etc. would kill the engine all the time.

The reason I'm asking is that I was thinking how to wire this ignition disable thing the alarm I got has. I don't want to mess with the ignition/fuel pump wires and I could wire it to the tip over sensor if one exists. But I also have a better idea in the works...

It's there alright under the rear rack as already mentioned.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Recent Topics