Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Picked mine up  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Goulash

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Picked mine up
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:53:04 AM »
Got  mine on Wednesday. Picked up the bike, down in southern England, jumped on the ferry to Hoek of Holland and drove up to Sweden. About 800 miles in total, withe the temperature dropping as i rode north, thank god for the heated grips as i don't think i'd have survived. Oh yes, it rained all the bloody way  :157:

Fuel consumption was rubbish for the first couple of tanks but once the third tankful went in, was getting slightly over 200 miles to a tank. The tiger didn't miss a beat on the journey, very pleased with it so far, first service due later on today.
"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

Offline Nor_folk

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T100, Tiger 800
Re: Picked mine up
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 07:28:31 AM »
Wow, nice first journey.

I took mine home in the van, sunny all the way home. lol.
You know when your getting old beacause you and your teeth do not sleep together!

Offline Goulash

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:04 AM »
I didn't need to know that, my bike doesn't know what the sun is yet  :150:

Think i have a new version of the T800, the amphibious Tiger. Think 800 miles in the rain has to be a record of some sort.
"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

Offline foey

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »
Congratulations & well done on giving the Tiger a good soak test.  :028:

Offline Alan M

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: White ABS Roadie
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
Wow,  :037: :037: :037:  thats quite a "first run out".
Alan

Offline jallen

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
Sounds like a good first run :) You have proved that the electrical components are properly waterproofed as well.
The fuel economy sounds pretty good.

John

Offline Radzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800XC
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 01:24:39 PM »
 Well done Goulash. Mental first ride, where did you stop for the 500 service :001: You could have stopped by for a mug of coffee and a warm, you drove right passed my place :123:. Post some pics up

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »
respect :028:
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline Goulash

• Tiger Master
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
Thx guys. I can say for certain the electrics are waterproof that's for sure.

@Radzz

I drove past you on the way over to the UK :)  I'll say this, the worst of the weather was when i drove through your fine country, couldn't see any of it due to the incredible amount of rain falling. It was so bad that once i got to Copenhagen, only way to get to where i wanted to go, was to follow any vehicle that was heading the same direction as me as i couldn't see a thing lol.

I'll post up some piccies once i clean my tiger, it would be embarrassed to be photographed right now due to the fact it's filthy.

Offline pbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800 HD DeLuxe
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
So did yours come with the original silver or new black frame? Cheers!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch