Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TigerTool - A Diagnostic Project  (Read 25299 times)

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
Re: TigerTool - A Diagnostic Project
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2019, 02:16:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC
Next step is to decode the serial data and figure out how it relates to the TPMS pressure & temperature levels...
Some more progress...have now decoded the data for the pressure readings and sensor ID, so just the temperature data left to finish decoding.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2019, 09:13:09 AM »
Rich

Following with great interest  :031:
It wasn't me !!

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2019, 09:33:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Silverstripes [+]
Following with great interest  :031:

Guess who's going to be a guinea pig?!  :001:

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2019, 05:55:45 PM »
No Problem  :007:
It wasn't me !!

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
Just for interest, here are some screen caps of the current development testing of the TigerTool software. The hardware being used is my own design of the OBD2 interface as I can't rely on the cheap units for what these new features need.

The new 'Instrument' tab (replaces 'SIA Reset') reads the current ODO value and automatically adds the service reset distance to the ODO value to show when the next service is due. It also senses the current ODO units automatically (km or miles) and displays the appropriate units. There are some menu configurations added too. This tab might make its way into the next release of the software.

The new 'TPMS' tab can do the following:-

Read the TPMS configuration status
Enable / disable the TPMS as required
Read & erase the immobiliser DTCs
Read the front & rear TPMS sensor IDs
Read the status of the front & rear TPMS sensors
Program new sensors into the ECU!

Unfortunately, the new TPMS tab & features probably won't make its way into the next TigerTool release due to the need for different (much better) hardware. If there's enough interest in the TPMS features I might look into the cost of building the OBD2 hardware to see if it might be viable. The TPMS control should be usable on any of the current Triumph models that support the feature.

It's long overdue but I've just recently started to pick this up again. What's more, I've been testing most of the new features with my regular ELM327 / OBD interface leads which means I should be able to put it out on general (free) release once fully tested.

Although I part-ex'd my 800XC a year ago, I still have the virtual 800 parts on my desk for development / test purposes. The TPMS elements shown above work fine with bikes that have an immobiliser but with the newer bikes that have a Chassis ECM (such as my 1200 XRT) I've still got to decipher the access codes. I can read the TPMS data from the Chassis ECM and know the commands that are needed to write new sensor IDs, but have yet to crack access although I do have a spare Chassis ECM to play with that should hopefully help fix this.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2020, 12:31:55 PM »
:017: Excellent work ... so for some of us there are 'real' positives of the lockdown spare time ... I wish I was as motivated.  :110:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2020, 01:15:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
:017: Excellent work ... so for some of us there are 'real' positives of the lockdown spare time ... I wish I was as motivated.  :110:
Hmmm...lockdown motivation...me? Nah!

Thankfully I'm almost as busy as ever with my regular work-from-home. With no prospect of my normal work trips to the US for some considerable time there's a limit as to how much work I can prep for them, so I fancied picking this up again once I'd done my required daily hours just to refresh the old grey matter.

Offline Turbotom

• Tiger Member
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2020, 08:06:55 AM »
Top!  :152:

Tom
Tiger 800 XRx 2015 caspian blue

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2020, 03:22:26 PM »
TigerTool V3.0 is now almost ready for release.

The interface is largely as shown in my earlier post and the TPMS sensor programming is working (but not yet on Tiger 1200s that have a Chassis ECU).

This version also supports the Tiger Sport / 1050 model from VIN 570059 onwards - (earlier models didn't have an external CAN bus).

It's not been tested on any Tiger 900s yet as I've not got access to any, but that should be very easy to fix later.

Please see here for info about final beta testers required...

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,27971.msg304239.html#msg304239

Recent Topics

winded-staunch