Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Harsh Suspension  (Read 3745 times)

Offline foey

• Tiger Pro
Harsh Suspension
« on: April 06, 2011, 08:39:12 AM »
Just curious as to how people are finding the Tiger suspension, I weigh around 12.5 stone & at the moment am finding the suspension to be a bit on the harsh side in that it seems to wack me in the base of the spine rather than absorb the bump, what sort of "average rider weight" are most bikes set up for these days.
I am considering booking the Tiger in at MCT to see what they can do without needing to spend a fortune.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Harsh Suspension
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:52 AM »
I'm lighter.  Adjusted the rear a couple of clicks softer.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline burgerking

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »
To be honest I like it as it is (weigh about 78 kg).
In fact one of my biggest worries when ordering was if Triumph decided to fit the same softish suspension to the 800 as they did with the standard Street Triple and Tiger1050. Especially since it is only adjustable for preload  at the rear(T800). But luckily they didn't. Also up front it's plenty stiff, so not that much diving under hard braking.

Offline jallen

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:53:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by burgerking [+]
To be honest I like it as it is (weigh about 78 kg).
In fact one of my biggest worries when ordering was if Triumph decided to fit the same softish suspension to the 800 as they did with the standard Street Triple and Tiger1050. Especially since it is only adjustable for preload  at the rear(T800). But luckily they didn't. Also up front it's plenty stiff, so not that much diving under hard braking.

I have superior mass and find it okay although it is a lot firmer than I expected almost like a sports bike.

Offline STRoll

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:58:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by jallen [+]
I have superior mass and find it okay although it is a lot firmer than I expected almost like a sports bike.

I have more superior mass! and you are right the ride is quite hard... But my pillion has declared it the most comfortable bike I have owned....
We'll all just have to ride on the smooth side of the road.  :164:
A Dark Side Tiger

Offline xsilvergs

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: White Roadie
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »
I've the road version and it felt very stiff to start with (I weight about 70Kg) but with 1,200+ miles on the clock the suspension has definitely softened.

One thing I must say is two-up it is very well mannered, the best suspended bike I've ever owned. I've not bothered to add more than about 5 clicks of pre-load when two-up and nothing scraped down yet, when touring it'll need more though.

Offline tigertastic

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »
Weighing in at 77kg, I thought the suspension a little harsh particularly the front end on more rural B roads, (the roads I enjoy), I've backed the rear off a good few clicks but also think that as the miles are climbing things are defiantly getting better. Great riding position particularly with the risers from the XC.

Offline t8coco

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: SPEED TRIPLE R
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 08:46:46 AM »
 Found the Tiger spot on realy she soaks up the pot holes much better than Street R used to and still gives good feel and feed back to ride to enjoy  :001: I am about 77kg and good for me  :028:
Steve

Offline Tiger Balm

• Tiger Jedi
  • South East UK
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
Okay for a bulky load....ie me!!!!

Also very smooth off road too
XC in White on the road...(and off)

Offline Scooby CanDo

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
TB  :005: ......... U did not mention you where a BULKY LOAD when I allowed you to run my Tiger in!!!

My POOR Tiger ........ FLATTENED  :156:
Tiger 800XC - in 'Attitude Black'  ................  Welcome to the Dark Side

Recent Topics