Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lowered Tiger Roadie  (Read 4102 times)

Online diddylord

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Lowered Tiger Roadie
« on: February 17, 2015, 01:36:33 PM »
HI
I'm currently looking to get a tiger but it will have to be lowered.
I've test ridden one with a low seat so i know that I like the engine and ridding position, what I am unsure of is if a lowered tiger will be low enough for me with a 28" leg.
would anyone be willing to let me try theirs, just to sit on not a test ride?

I'm based in north wales but travel around quite a bit.

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
Re: Lowered Tiger Roadie
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
You can make a bigger difference by getting the seat re-profiled. it will end up lower and more comfortable that the low comfort seat. Buy a second hand seat if you want to keep the original.

Offline TampaJim

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800,
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 02:12:40 PM »
I know two folks that have lowered them, apparently not a big deal or very expensive.

Problem is the sidestand will need to be modified or replaced and the centerstand is useless.
Jim

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
  • Tiger 800 No2.. Scrambler.. Mahoosive Yamaha
  • Bike: Tiger 800...
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 04:37:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by diddylord [+]
HI
I'm currently looking to get a tiger but it will have to be lowered.
I've test ridden one with a low seat so i know that I like the engine and ridding position, what I am unsure of is if a lowered tiger will be low enough for me with a 28" leg.
would anyone be willing to let me try theirs, just to sit on not a test ride?

I'm based in north wales but travel around quite a bit.

Thanks in advance.
Dan

If you're ever in Devon you're welcome to sit on mine or Bridge Motorcycles have a few of the new and old ones for you to sit on..

Greg
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline Terry

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »
Hi diddylord,

Youre welcome to take a look at mine if you are ever over this way; a mile off the A1 near Peterborough.

My roadie has the low seat (20mm) and a lowering kit (30mm) which gets me a 2 inch reduction off the seat height.  Ive a 29 inch inside leg and although my feet are not flat on the floor, its enough for me to manoeuvre the bike.

You could gain a bit more by fitting a 40mm lowering kit (about 50) and picking the right boots.  I dont think you will get your feet flat on the floor but it should be close enough.   

Terry

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Terry [+]

My roadie has the low seat (20mm) and a lowering kit (30mm) which gets me a 2 inch reduction off the seat height. 

I do love to see a mixing of metric and imperial
Only Brits of a certain age can master it  :001:
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline seeyoujimmy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 road
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:45 PM »
Hi.

I also lowered mine (roadie). Cant remember by how much but not the full 50mm,also dropped the forks by 8-10mm. It is true about the centre stand
and side stand. I cut a small amount off the side stand stop lug about 2mm and added washers to to bottom mounting bolt. This allows the stand to swing further forward and out which to me is better than than the original position.

I cut and welded the centre stand to compensate for the new height, which works fine till you put it off the stand. It then wont let the side stand fully return to the up position! What i now have to do is make sure the side stand is out when putting it off the centre stand and vice versa. If I just want to use the side stand it fouls the centre stand on the way down. Happy days.

Its not that bad once you get used to it. If the side stand had been made of steel it would have been easy to reshape it.

Im about 29" inside leg. Cant say I noticed any difference in the handling.

Offline Doc4216

• Tiger Pro
  • Not a noob, not an expert, just an enthusiast
  • Bike: '13 Tiger roadie
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 04:03:55 AM »
I had mine lowered about 3/4"-1" at the dealer I bought it at and have no need to adjust the side stand. It has never even come close to coming off the stand. Not sure how low you need to go until it becomes an issue but mine is fine. If I were to guess since Terry went two inches, that it might be closer to that.
A straight road never made a skilled rider.
'13 Tiger Roadie (pretty blue kind)

Offline Shorty

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xc
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 09:09:14 AM »
I have lowered mine and in south wales so if you are ever down this far south let me know. I also have some 30mm lowering links for sale if required

Offline Vansflyer

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Thruxton R
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
You are welcome to sit on mine, I am North Brum just off Junc 7 M6. Standard height bike with regular seat and a Sargent. Confused though.... I am a 29.5 trouser leg and have no issues getting my feet down with the seat on high? Are people aiming for "flat foot" on the ground?
Ex Tiger 800 XRx. Ex Roadie 800.

Recent Topics