Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Indicators & condensation  (Read 1611 times)

Offline TengL

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XC
Indicators & condensation
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:13:20 PM »
I get condensation in all 4 indicators when it rains or after washing, mentioned to the dealer that it seemed a bit much that this was happening on a 7 week old bike, 'show me a bike it doesn't happen on' was the solution & reply!!
XC owner since 25th Feb 2011

Offline gunther

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 ABS
Re: Indicators & condensation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:38 AM »
Haven't washed my bike yet, but rode it through some heavy rain after picking it up. Haven't noticed any condensation in the indicators. As to presenting a bike which won't have condensation in the indicators he's free to have a look at my old bike, or my GF's bike for that matter.

Weird reply.
Venom Yellow Tiger 800. High front mudguard, fog lights, hand guards, heated grips, center stand (not delivered yet), panniers, arrow exhaust.

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
doesn't happen on my 107,000 mile Fazer
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline Tiger Balm

• Tiger Jedi
  • South East UK
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
Didnt take long on the street, and guessing they are the same...........so par for teh course, back will get worse than the front
XC in White on the road...(and off)

Offline Turboarrow

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: T800 Roadie
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by TengL [+]
I get condensation in all 4 indicators when it rains or after washing, mentioned to the dealer that it seemed a bit much that this was happening on a 7 week old bike, 'show me a bike it doesn't happen on' was the solution & reply!!
what a knob  :010:
There's old pilots and there's bold pilots, but there's no old bold pilots.

Offline pbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800 HD DeLuxe
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by TengL [+]
Which dealer was that!!!? Or if you'd rather not say, which part of the UK are they - so we can be prepared for a similar response if it happens to us! I am picking mine up tomorrow from Somerset!  :002:

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Orange XC
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »
Funny you should mention that twigged that mine do the same, OK might not be a problem short term but after a while I am sure the connection will start to fur up etc. would put some silicon on them to seal around the lens but makes a mess when replacing the bulb.
Bikes
Orange XC
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Offline b1kerb0y

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
My Street triple R did this, and my SV650.
If ignorance is bliss, why arent more people happy?????

Orange XC

Offline farawayhats

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Black 800 Tiger
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »
thin smear of clear silicon around the join is probably the best sollution. Although it does make you question the seal quality of the indicator unit.

Offline Girth

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 08:07:43 PM »
Take a look on the underside of the indicator lense, there is a water drain hole.....'nuff said...

Recent Topics