Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Indicators & condensation  (Read 1434 times)

Offline farawayhats

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Black 800 Tiger
Re: Indicators & condensation
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
nuff said indeed Girth.  :046:

Offline sleepyguitarman

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 02:52:03 AM »
Happened to mine, only the front two though. Carl Rosner in Croydon were brilliant. Changed them over under warranty  :028:

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Girth [+]
Take a look on the underside of the indicator lense, there is a water drain hole.....'nuff said...

My bike isn't garaged and is parked south facing so gets the best of the warmth during the day and sudden temperature drops at night .... result daily condensation and with the drain hole in the bottom of the lens I don't worry about it. Sealing the lens would only make things worse.
I usually take the lens off once a year and wash them (and clean the reflector) as the drain hole also allows the dirt to get sucked in there (particularly the rear ones) and it is surprising how much builds up in the corners by the screw molding.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
I fitted LED indicators in place of the oem bulb units.  No issues with these.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 12:20:16 AM »
As has been pointed out, there is a vent hole. The reason is that the signals are not hermetically sealed. There are wires that exit without sealing also. So, depending on your climate, the lights will condense water when they are cooler than the dew point.

Here in Kansas, it is not a problem. I can imagine that in Ireland or the UK in general that the humidity/temperature swings condense a fair amount.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 06:55:42 AM »
:0461:

I am actually surprised that some UK owners have successfully had warranty claims from Triumph on this which isn't really a manufacturing defect and others have warranty claims rejected for things that most of us would certainly have considered valid.  :027:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics