Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Riding on the 'wrong' side...  (Read 4901 times)

Offline Tiger Rev

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Re: Riding on the 'wrong' side...
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 08:09:31 AM »
Just a note of thanks here.  I've been in the UK over three weeks now and have been having an incredible time.  Made it from London, across Hadrian's wall, out to Arran and Skye, to John O' Grouts and across the top of Scotland, now back near Leeds.  Feel like I have ridden every single track in Scotland and absolutely loved it.  Rather ride here than in the States!  All the tips everyone gave me really helped adjust and now I just fly through the roundabouts like everyone else.  The big arrow I taped on the inside of my windscreen really helped at the start.  Now I'm saving it to reverse when I cross over to France! 

Also stopped by and had my 12k service by David (Muddysump) on my way north and can't begin to recommend him enough.  His work was first rate, price excellent, and he and his girlfriend (an even his mother) were most hospitable and kind.  Great guy!!!

Scot

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2015, 03:41:23 PM »
 :018: ... good to hear all has been going good. Hope the rest of your trip continues as pleasurable and trouble free.
Ride safe.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
I think that the summary of the last three pages is to stay aware and to recognize that traffic behavior and road rules change from location to location and are not even consistent within the same country.

:460:
Just hang back behind a local and see what they do, not infallible, but a good guide  :001:
Now available in "Batman"

Recent Topics