Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800 lowered  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Dorsetdave

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Black Tiger 800
Tiger 800 lowered
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »
Just fitted my new Dogbones to the Tiger, what a difference. They are made of stainless steel so better than the originals and the set I got lowered the bike by 25mm, there is also a 35mm option. Havn't dropped the forks through yet but will do next week. Can't say I have noticed any difference in handleing but will lower the front to keep everything inline.

Looking forward to some good riding weather now,

Cheers All                           Dave 

Offline pbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800 HD DeLuxe
Re: Tiger 800 lowered
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
Hi Dave
Do you need to cut down or alter the side stand to increase the lean angle back to the original?
Cheers.

Offline pbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800 HD DeLuxe
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
Thanks Dave
Taunton Triumph have got some 35 mm lower links for me but cant suggest how to alter the side stand (!). I imagine with 35 mm off the rear and some reduction in the front forks I will need to do something. Cheers. pbears

Offline not a scouser

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800, Black
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »
As an official short arse I have had the lower seat since day one. My inside leg of 28' makes most big bikes a challenge. I've only done 600 miles so far but the suspension has given a little, my confidence has grown and I can now easily get the balls or my feet on the floor. With a little shift of my body to one side I can even get a (mostly) flat foot on one side at a time. I was convinced when I bought it that I would need a lowering kit but I'm not so sure now.

Only on very uneven ground or a noticeable camber do I feel uncomfortable. I think I'll give it until 1000 miles to see how much sag is in the suspension.
If Carlsberg made a bike, then the Tiger 800 would be green.......

Recent Topics

winded-staunch