Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Retro fit xca heated seat to xcx  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Keithmcd

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XCx
Retro fit xca heated seat to xcx
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:53 PM »
It possible to retro fit the xca heated seat and switches to a xcx

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Retro fit xca heated seat to xcx
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 04:31:06 AM »
Anything is possible but I suspect it may not be straightforward.
When I was poking around under the seat of my XRX last weekend  I could not see any obvious spare connections in that area. There wasn't even as best as I could see a connection for the second Hella socket on the left side that the XCA and XRT have.
I suspect that there may be two wiring looms. One for the XCA/XRT and one for all the other bikes. Triumph are already using two different frames depending on the model so two wiring looms isn't out of the question.
Triumph don't offer the heated seats as accessories which also indicates that they are not a straight bolt on item.
If somebody has a XRT or XCA and can post picture of the seat wiring it would probably be helpful for you in tracking down wires.

Offline D8ona

• Tiger Jedi
  • I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Bike: 865 Scrambler
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 07:18:03 AM »
Don't have any pictures but the connectors are about 20mm square with not a lot of free cable. If you cant see them doubt they are there. Check the parts lists on World Of Triumph to confirm different looms??
There's someone in my head but its not me..?
Ducati MTS 950 - Monster 1100 Evo - Zed900RS - Scrambler 900 - 1998 Daytona 900 - 1997 Ducati ST2

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:37:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by D8ona [+]
Check the parts lists on World Of Triumph to confirm different looms??

A great resource I had forgotten about thanks for posting it.
Only the XCX and XRX are listed as the current spec Tigers 800s and they both have the same loom as you would expect (PFKL2371171).
There are only two accessory sockets listed (part 23) and I can't tell from the diagram what plugs are what so I don't know whether some or all of the ones that are shown as being open actually have things plugged into them from the factory. I assume that most if not all do.

Offline odum666

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 10:11:14 AM »
I'm at work at the mo so this is just a pic I grabbed off the net. The 2 plugs that d8ona refers to should be where the green square is.
when you sit on a sports bike you feel special...when you sit on an adventure bike you feel something special is going to happen!!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 11:08:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by odum666 [+]
I'm at work at the mo so this is just a pic I grabbed off the net. The 2 plugs that d8ona refers to should be where the green square is.

Yes thats about where the Hella outlet socket is. I don't recall seeing any spares in that area because that is where I was looking to see if there was a socket for a second side mounted Hella outlet.

Offline Keithmcd

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XCx
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 12:23:08 PM »
Thanks chaps, that is what feared.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by odum666 [+]

As said, the plugs would be in the area of the green square in the pic ....

... the rear seat propped up, notice the really short cable making disconnection fiddly while trying to also support the seat.

The feed socket.

The front seat lifted (a bit more cable than the rear).

The seat looms would come off the main harness on the left side directly below the cross bar, you wouldn't be able to miss them if they were there, those plugs/sockets aren't small. The rear is marked with blue tape ...

... and the front with red tape (as above).
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline GJ-Tiger

• Tiger Cub
  • Enjoy life to the full but don't take dangerous risks
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »
Can anyone confirm what the type of plug this is as I want to purchase.
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion and now a tiger 800

Offline tiger800rider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 01:01:11 AM »
Would you be able to tell me the colors of the wiring on the front seat harness connector that is connected to the heated seat?   I have the seat connector wiring diagram and am trying to figure out the connector wiring colors on the bike side.

Recent Topics