Offers from Forum Sponsors > MTC Exhausts

MTC Exhaust

(1/2) > >>

Stand63:
Just fitted my new exhaust from MTC. Sounds great but couldn't seem to find a road legal stamp. Am I being daft and are they only stamped when not for road use like my tors where on my legend?

healdem:
it should have a BSAU or EU marking
if either are present then its demonstrably road legal.

its unlikely it will have a EU marking though. AFIAK BSAU is regarded as the smae as an 'E' marking. but it just means that the manufacturere hasn't applied for the E marking, probably due to cost or other compliance issues, however as the E markign is EU legislation it trumps UK legislation and therefore the BSAU has to match the E marking.

if its not for road use it should say so.

the only real potential problem is if you take the bike out of the UK, where other EU nations may regard BSAU as inapplicable (without proof), or if you tfit one outside the EU where your local legislation may be different.

some suggest the law says you cannot replace the exhaust with one that is significantly louder than standard (but seeign as the arrow is an OEM option I cannot see that being an issue...

but riding without the baffle in woudl be an issue

Captain Crazy:
MTC mark their exhausts by stamping the relevant BSAU marking onto one of the stainless bands that is then riveted to the can to hold one of the ends on and is probably on the inside face of the end can?  If yours is missing, it could just be a case of the person putting it together has picked up a couple of plain bands by mistake!  In which case just give MTC a call.

CC   

Stand63:
Really must wear my specs when looking for small writing. It's exactly where you said it should be. Duh!!!

Captain Crazy:
Originally Posted by Stand63 Really must wear my specs when looking for small writing. It's exactly where you said it should be. Duh!!!

Don't know why, but ''Should’ve gone to Specsavers…'' keeps ringing in my head ... :492:

Anyway glad you weren't going doolally  :164:  and happy to help.    CC

can you see it mother ... can you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version