Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HARD LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, SPECS AND REVIEWS ONLY)  (Read 274573 times)

Offline fmunson

• Tiger Pro
Re: HARD LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, SPECS AND REVIEWS ONLY)
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »
Triumph has added the OEM top box and mounting plate to the Canadian accessories list. The 'Sliding Carriage Adapter', part # A9508148 lists for 179.99 Cdn and the 'Top Box Kit', part # T2353172, lists for 479.99 Cdn.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:23:38 PM by fmunson »
Dept. Of Redundancy Dept.

Offline bogman

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: FXSTSSE3, 800XC
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »
First impressions, that top box looks awful, in my opinion of course

Offline Tiger Tale

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 1050 Tiger DR650
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
One oddity I see here ... perhaps someone can answer? On the left side Triumph case there appears to be some sort of "cut-out" for a pipe ... or for something. Not sure if the cut out goes the whole length of the case or not. What is the purpose of this Cut out?  :112:

Offline RichardC

• U-turn Champion 2011
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: KTM950SMR+800XC
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tiger Tale [+]
On the left side Triumph case there appears to be some sort of "cut-out" for a pipe ... or for something. Not sure if the cut out goes the whole length of the case or not. What is the purpose of this Cut out?  :112:

This shows it better. But I don't know why it's there.

Offline jenkspj

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Own an 800 XC ABS - the cat told me to do it.
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC ABS
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 07:36:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tiger Tale [+]
I'd like to see a smaller version, same shape.
:0461: Simply too big for my needs. OK, it certainly will take 2 full face lids, but I ride solo!
Yes, about 50% of the size scaled in both height and width. Front to back is fine.

Offline gkgeiger

• Tiger Member
  • Every ride is an Adventure!
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Std
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 11:56:47 AM »
I just ordered the Micatech cases. They use the SW-Motech mounts and are 45lt 10" wide on the left and 37lt 8" on the right. They have a special Tiger promotion until the end of may, but if you don't like the Motech mounts you won't like these.  http://micatech.net/products/promotions
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:19:30 PM by gkgeiger »
Gene
'11 Tiger 800
'11 R1200RT
'08 DRZ400

Offline TwoWheelExplorer

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: '93 Ducati 900SL
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by gkgeiger [+]
I just ordered the Micatech cases. They use the SW-Motech mounts and are 45lt 10" wide on the left and 37lt 8" on the right. They have a special Tiger promotion until the end of may, but if you don't the Motech mounts you won't like these.  http://micatech.net/products/promotions

I had a pair of Micatech cases on my R1150GS Adventure previously.  They're excellent bags.  I'm still considering the Tiger 800XC as my next bike, and if that ends up the winner, I'll look seriously at Micatech bags.

'08 FJR1300A, '93 Ducati 900SL |
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - St Augustine

Offline cunestu

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 11:20:08 AM »
 :451: I believe Rocket's idea for this thread was for those with luggage already fitted to post photos and give a little feedback on that specific luggage for the benefit of others.

The thread appears however to have deteriorated into just another discussion board on luggage, of which there are already ample on the forum.

Let's keep this thread for it's intended purpose and see more pic's of members luggage solutions  :028:
Sometimes I like to squat down, put my arms around my legs and lean forward but that's just how I roll.

Offline BHR57

• Tiger Pro
  • I've been around
  • Bike: Black ABS roadie
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 11:28:03 AM »
 :0461:

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocket [+]
This thread is intended for photos , specifications, prices, suppliers and owner reviews only of the hard luggage options for the Tiger to assist owners considering which hard luggage to buy. Please refrain from using this thread for "general banter" on the options posted.Please add your photos or links to photos of any hard luggage options. It will be much appreciated by the rest of us  :152: :152:.

I know the forum threads are normally for expressing opinions but can we make an exception on these 2 Luggage Options threads please?
Hence why Admin has made the threads "stickies"  and my request on the first post to keep them free of the usual "opinion posts".  The intention with this thread is to provide a simple photographic record of (ideally members) bikes fitted with the various luggage options to help all new and future owners easily view the luggage options available. Ideally, the only comments should be from owners who may wish to add some price details and maybe a review. Nothing more. If members can respect this  it will make the scrolling down though the options much easier. (If you have added some (well meaning) banter, you can always delete the post to help keep the thread tidy.  :028:)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:10:53 PM by Rocket »

Recent Topics