Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)  (Read 170563 times)

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »
This thread is intended for photos , specifications, prices, suppliers and owner reviews only of the "soft" luggage options for the Tiger to assist owners considering which luggage to buy. Please refrain from using this thread for "general banter" on the options posted.
Please add your photos or links to photos of any soft luggage options. It will be much appreciated by the rest of us.  :152: :152:   
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:07:56 PM by Rocket »

Offline RichardC

• U-turn Champion 2011
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: KTM950SMR+800XC
Re: SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »
Kicking off -

Kriega US10 mounted to their Tank Adaptor

Fully waterproof and adaptable to use with Kriega's other products (rucksacks, modular build up using other US models). Easy to remove from tank adaptor.
Note that their Cube Pocket product can be mounted across the handlebars for easy access for items such as camera, visor cleaners.

Easy access to filler cap by unclippiung the 2 rear clasps

Offline SelinaXC

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Black XC & WR400
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
LOMO Dry Bags

We've been fans of dry bags for the last couple of years for camping, but the ones that fasten at one end can be a pain as you root around trying to find something you're sure you dropped in there. So we've bought two that open along the top instead so when you arrive at destination you can use them to keep stuff organised as it's easy to locate items. Similar to the Triumph Roll Bag but a considerable price difference. These are great quality, real heavy duty feel to the material, seams, buckles and straps. Come with shoulder strap etc as you'd expect. We're off to Iceland in July and will be using these as luggage.

The white one on my 800XC is the 30L and has in my 3/4 season sleeping bag, clothes, toiletries, towels, chain lube and some other bits and pieces. Easily held in place by bungees on the standard plastic luggage rack as my Kriega bags are on the rear seat.

The yellow one on Onanist's 1050 is a massive 60L affair, only suitable to be used with panniers in place really. However it is holding all the tent stuff in one place, including large 3 man tent, 2x camping stools, roll mats, 2x lightweight bike covers, other odds n sods.

The 60L is 23.99 and the 30L 17.50 which makes them absolute bargains, especially compared to Triumph's similar roll bag that comes in at 75!

Further details to be found here including video's showing the top opening http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/Dry-Boxes-dry-bags-uk.html

Back in Black - XC#2 picked up 13/08/2011
RIP XC#1 26/04/11 - 01/07/2011

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »
Great value product Selina. Would a 40ltr fit the Tiger?

Also, forget bungees for strapping bags to the bike. Strongly recommend you invest in  "Rokstraps" . Having used bungees for years, I bought a couple of rokstraps last year and they are absolutely fantastic. Must be the best way of strapping kit to a bike. See link: http://rokstraps.com/
You can buy them locally from Winding roads , Melbourne. Speak to Martin and tell him Rocket put you in touch. Telephone no on website  ... http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/

Offline SelinaXC

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Black XC & WR400
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »
Pretty sure the 40L will not only fit the Tiger but be a slightly more useful size. I just liked the white  :034:
Rokstraps look a bit improvement over bungees, must get some softed me thinks - many thanks for the link.
Back in Black - XC#2 picked up 13/08/2011
RIP XC#1 26/04/11 - 01/07/2011

Offline cunestu

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocket [+]
Great value product Selina. Would a 40ltr fit the Tiger?

Also, forget bungees for strapping bags to the bike. Strongly recommend you invest in  "Rokstraps" . Having used bungees for years, I bought a couple of rokstraps last year and they are absolutely fantastic. Must be the best way of strapping kit to a bike. See link: http://rokstraps.com/
You can buy them locally from Winding roads , Melbourne. Speak to Martin and tell him Rocket put you in touch. Telephone no on website  ... http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/

:0461: Rok straps are a fantastic bit of kit  :028:  I got mine from Chainspeed http://www.chainspeed.co.uk/categories/ROK-Straps/
Sometimes I like to squat down, put my arms around my legs and lean forward but that's just how I roll.

Offline Onanist

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Dora
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 09:59:35 PM »
I think Kriega is being totally overlooked here as a one horse pony,  the thing with Kriega gear is it is modular, you can adapt it to fit your needs, check out http://www.kriega.com/ for the permutations, tank, tail, stacked or pannier style,it's all from the same gear the method is up to you. that and 100% waterproof make it a very valid soft option.
Tiger Town in middle England

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
I've got one of these atached to the front of my handlebars - it's a bit fiddly to fit purely down to the clutch cable wanting to push the bag back towards you - to get round that attach the strap under the top yoke as well as over the bar. handy little bag for niknaks (not the crisps, although I suppose you could carry a snack in there...). suppose you're not limited to the handlebars either as they would do as mini saddlebags, or as a toolkit holder mounted under the rear rack, or on the engine bars.

they are fairly waterproof too - had mine for a year now, including a month in scandinavia.
will post a photo of it on the bike when I get round to it.

Edit: in response to a query by Radzz, you could use one of these as a bumbag/fannypack/beltpouch to carry camera/wallet etc although the straps aren't quick release, but that shouldn't stop you using them in that way if so inclined. even done up to the tightest, the strap loops will allow use of a wide belt.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:27:00 PM by GringoRojo »
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline trippleT

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
Ortlieb 95 ltr bag and a Hein Gericke 60 ltr. Plenty of space!!

Offline Radzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800XC
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 06:39:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by GringoRojo [+]
I've got one of these atached to the front of my handlebars - it's a bit fiddly to fit purely down to the clutch cable wanting to push the bag back towards you - to get round that attach the strap under the top yoke as well as over the bar. handy little bag for niknaks (not the crisps, although I suppose you could carry a snack in there...). suppose you're not limited to the handlebars either as they would do as mini saddlebags, or as a toolkit holder mounted under the rear rack, or on the engine bars.

they are fairly waterproof too - had mine for a year now, including a month in scandinavia.
will post a photo of it on the bike when I get round to it.

Ive been looking at getting a few of these and on Monday Im off to Hien Gericke across the German border so I was hoping to pick them up there. Do you reckon its possible or practical to attach them to the belt of your jeans when youre off the bike and use them as a bumbag? Would be handy for a camera or something.

Recent Topics