Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)  (Read 157987 times)

Offline rugby536

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Sexy Orange XC
Re: SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
On the Wee Strom I used these Oxford soft panniers quite successfully and as a piece of kit I'd recommend them.  On the Tiger however they are not such a good fit if you have a pillion.  There isn't quite enough room between the exhaust and the grab rail so they sit slightly too high and a little bit too far forward and make it awkward for the pillion to get on.  Where the pannier on the right sits a bit higher it digs into the pillions leg.  I didn't bother fixing all the retaining straps for the photo's but with the frame design plus the big grab handles there are plenty of places to lash things up to.  If you are 1-up then they'll work fine but I'd put a bit of protection over the exhaust cover.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:16:07 PM by rugby536 »

Offline Joe Bar

• Tiger Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »
Just received these photo's from FAMSA yesterday, new FAMSA Tank Bag for the Tiger 800, not even had chance to put them on the Winding Roads website yet, it will be 3-4 weeks before they're in stock I guess -

Mod's - please feel free to delete this post if you think it's spam.

Offline Zeus44

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »
I've got the Adventure tail pack good size at 50 litres and ideal for commuting paraphenalia. 130.
Zeus44

Offline Joe Lucas

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by rugby536 [+]
On the Wee Strom I used these Oxford soft panniers quite successfully and as a piece of kit I'd recommend them.  On the Tiger however they are not such a good fit if you have a pillion.  There isn't quite enough room between the exhaust and the grab rail so they sit slightly too high and a little bit too far forward and make it awkward for the pillion to get on.  Where the pannier on the right sits a bit higher it digs into the pillions leg.  I didn't bother fixing all the retaining straps for the photo's but with the frame design plus the big grab handles there are plenty of places to lash things up to.  If you are 1-up then they'll work fine but I'd put a bit of protection over the exhaust cover.
I've been wondering about the possibility of using soft panniers on the Tiger. I thought there might be a problem with heat from the high level exhaust. Have you actually used the set-up you show in the photos? You mention "protection" - what did you have in mind?

Offline Onanist

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Dora
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 05:56:21 PM »
I know mines a 1050 but I used soft panniers on our recent Scotland trip and because of the heat plate on the standard exhaust system, the heat was fine. I'd say if you have the standard exhausts then you will be fine.

If you don't you could always fit one of these, not pretty but should take the heat away.
http://www.adventure-spec.com/shop/hot-springs-heat-shield-by-giant-loop/prod_302.html
Tiger Town in middle England

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 900 GT PRO
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
Kriega tank pad (19) bought to allow my Kriega US-20 (20ltr tail bag )  to be used as a tank bag.

Good points:
Decent sized (20ltr) totally waterproof bag is a good size for a tank bag (not too big, not too small IMO). Being soft , it "moulds" itself to the somewhat awkward shape of the Tiger tank. The tank pad simply provides a base to strap the bag to.
Handy top pocket with waterproof zip
Not too tall so clocks not obstructed
No fowling of handlebars on full lock
Discrete straps
Quick release buckles at seat end for easy filling of tank
Comfy bag to lean on(eg when resting at traffic lights)
Not bad value tank pad at 19 (US 20 bought separately)
Well made (but you knew that already)

Bad points
Have to tuck in 4 straps after tightening down
Have to loosen front straps to allow bag to "sit upright" when filling tank
Access to contents of bag not a easy as normal tank bag
Its a little wobbly (although this is minor)
Straps are a bit of a faff

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:30:51 PM by Rocket »

Offline forrest11479

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »
Does anyone have information on the Krauser C-bow with Soft Trail Bags... Pictures or past experience

Offline forrest11479

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
I have also contacted Wolfman Luggage and they will be making racks to mount their luggage system to our bikes

Offline Joe Bar

• Tiger Member
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by forrest11479 [+]
I have also contacted Wolfman Luggage and they will be making racks to mount their luggage system to our bikes

Wolfman currently have a Tiger 800 on order as they have been unable to get hold of a loan bike for long enough to take patterns and measurements. As well as the frames it would not surprise me to see a couple of Tiger specific bags come out from Wolfman as well.

However, the Wolfman Panniers and Saddle Bags will alos fit the SW-Motech racks without problem.

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Pro
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
Just make some asian style  :187:
Bikes
Tiger Rally Pro
Ex 800 XC owner ( the original silver frame)
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Recent Topics

winded-staunch