Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)  (Read 157986 times)

Offline SeanD_Colorado

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: T800XC ABS White
SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 04:54:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Joe Bar [+]
Wolfman currently have a Tiger 800 on order as they have been unable to get hold of a loan bike for long enough to take patterns and measurements

Hmm... I had emailed them on May 2,  offering to loan them mine, but they told that they already had one purchased and would begin production in about 2 weeks.  Maybe they didn't actually get delivery when they thought they would?  I will email Eric and extend the offer again.

Offline RaglandT

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC / 1200XRT
Re: SOFT LUGGAGE OPTIONS (PHOTOS, PRICES, REVIEWS ONLY)
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 05:53:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by SeanD_Colorado [+]
Hmm... I had emailed them on May 2,  offering to loan them mine, but they told that they already had one purchased and would begin production in about 2 weeks.  Maybe they didn't actually get delivery when they thought they would?  I will email Eric and extend the offer again.

Backroadsmoto makes the rack.  They have a bike, and Berg expect to have racks ready to sell about June 6.   :047: :152:

Offline SeanD_Colorado

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 06:03:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by RaglandT [+]
Backroadsmoto makes the rack.  They have a bike, and Berg expect to have racks ready to sell about June 6.   :047: :152:

I see. I didn't realize Wolfman did not make their own racks. They didn't mention that when I had emailed them. The response had made it sound as if they had done their own. Thanks for the clarification!

Offline SeanD_Colorado

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 06:07:31 AM »
Giant Loop is another interesting option. Technically it is meant to be used in place of panniers, but I wrote to them about looping it around on top of the panniers. They didn't see any reason why you couldn't. I plan to order one and see how it goes. They have some nice tank bags and such as well.
http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

Edit: Since a thread is not much good without photos, here are some from Giant Loop with some of their gear mounted.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:14:31 PM by SeanD_Colorado »

Offline MULTILIFE

• Tiger Pro
  • In faecorum semper solum
  • Bike: XCx
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
Mate has this on his hayabusa swears by it same thing i think  - could be used on tiger, bit of a faff to put on but he loves it  2 sizes as well

http://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/bags-connection-speedpack-75ltr100ltr-with-4-mounting-p-16291.html

Offline RichardC

• U-turn Champion 2011
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: KTM950SMR+800XC
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by MULTILIFE [+]
Mate has this on his hayabusa swears by it same thing i think

Similar, but Giant Loop models may be better suited for off-road use.

Offline Jim Shorts

• Tiger Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 02:04:21 AM »
I threw my old Cortech bags over a new set of Hepco/Becker racks. I also have a couple different sized Cortech magnetic tank bags that I use.

Offline plonkomaticus

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 07:13:16 AM »
Here's my 1-up soft luggage solution.

Hein Gericke Streetline saddlebags 17L expandable to 22L per side, Eur 59
Shown unexpanded

Old Givi 10L tankbag on the back seat. The saddlebag straps run over the tank bag giving 8-10cm extra clearance to the endcan.

Hein Gericke 79L waterproof duffel bag, Eur 29
Here about 2/3 filled.

Oxford X40 tank bag

Gobi 42 L topbox
The topbox is empty except for my notebook, and small lightweight bits n pieces - iow, it's only used as a waterproof safe.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

Offline Joe Bar

• Tiger Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »
Photo's from customers Steve & Donna near to Santa Fe yesterday after picking up their new Tiger and setting straight off from the dealer for a 10 day trip -

"Our Tiger Kitted with your Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags, Small Tail Bag, Winding Roads Adapter Plates, & SW-Motech Quick Lock Evo Frames. Your luggage worked Like a charm."

Offline propforward

• Tiger Member
  • Stealer of Desserts
  • Bike: Bonneville
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 12:32:13 AM »
Well, I have been agonizing over tank bags for a while. I am not a big fan of tank bags generally, but I decided I would like a small one for carrying every day stuf that you want to get at quick. I also decided I did not want a magnetic one, as I have had bad experiences with those.

I looked at various different brands, but either the straps went in places that were inconvenient, or they just didn't look stable enough or a good fit on the 800 tank - which is a complicated shape after all.

So in the end I decided I would try the Triumph own City Bag.

I am glad I did.

I got mine through Belle Plaine Motorsports of Mn, which is where I bought my Tiger.

Initial impressions - very pleased with the overall quality. You have to buy two items - a harness, and the bag itself. The harness works with the adventure bag as well.

The harness is very well made, and features two plastic coated steel square hooks, which attach to slots on the gas tank, just behind the seat. The straps pass through the harness, and then go under the front tank panel, and loop around the bars in front of the gas tank. The straps and harness are rubberised to protect the tank.

Here are pictures of the harness TEMPORARILY installed on the tank. Note that the harness is actually slightly too far forward, and the straps are passed OVER the front tank panel. This configuration works perfectly well, and if you were to want to remove the harness frequently, is a good way of doing it. However, the harness is well designed and looks good, and I think I will properly install. Once that is done, the front straps and buckles are nicely hidden under the front tank panel.

Here are some close ups of the city bag, showing dimensions:

Collapsed:

Expanded

Picture showing size of rear pouch

Bag Internals

Bag has an internal "skirt" for keeping things contained

Open Bag

Mesh pocket in lid

Additional accessories that come with the bag:

Being a rain cover, two straps to turn the bag into a mini pack, a cat which presumeably is for anti rodent protection, and a clip on plastic map pocket.

Another view of Harness

And some views of the bag on the bike

On a test ride, I was pleased that I did not become conscious of the bag. It does not press annoying ly against your chest, or get in the way. It is extremely convenient to have it in place. It is also very solid, and I did not see any sign of it moving or waving around. Also, the bag is not so tall that it obscures any instruments. In fact it does not get in the way at all.

You do have to remove the bag to get to the gas cap. This is very easy. The bag attaches to the harness with two snap buckles at the front, and a magnet onto a steel square at the back. Simply unclip, and pull off - easy. Putting back in place is simple.

In terms of size - the bag will hold a six pack of beer on its side in compressed state, and still have room for a few things. Even with a fairly heavy load of that nature, the bag does not get unstable or flop about.

In short - I am extremely happy with this item, and I am glad I bought it. I intend to just leave it on the bike, as having handy access to a few key items this way is really really helpful.
I don't always ride a motorcycle, but when I do, I prefer Triumph.

Recent Topics