Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heed Installation Help  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Sputnik

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Re: Heed Installation Help
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 05:56:29 PM »
Just took a peek at mine. I can't spot any curve on the mounting plate having placed a steel rule across it. It does seem to be in contact with the extruding bit of casting.

Of course it's possible that it used to have a curve and I have flattened it by tightening the mounting bolts so hard - that's the sort of cack-handed oaf I am!

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: TT 800XRT
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lithril [+]
Got the bit, will fit bars tomorrow, does anyone know the torque settings? Not a problem if not but would be nice to know the ones for the engine mounting bolts.

Just remember fast is fast and that should be OK, bars have to come off when its time for a 20 a 30,000 service, mine have been on for a good 6 months and not one has shaken loose, and of course because they come off for a service don`t use any loctite.

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 01:19:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lithril [+]
Got the bit, will fit bars tomorrow, does anyone know the torque settings? Not a problem if not but would be nice to know the ones for the engine mounting bolts.

the lower bolts M8 (?) are 20Nm  The engine mounting bolts M10 are 48Nm. ( i just modified this  after checking the manual)

I changed the engine mount ones that came from Heed to Pro-bolt SS M10 flanged bolt to match the rest of the bike, looks much nicer and doesn't stick out so far.

https://www.pro-bolt.com/stainless/stainless-steel-bolts-flanged-hex.html

Jmc
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:26:06 PM by JMc »

Recent Topics