Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New French Traffic Regs for Bikers  (Read 4244 times)

Offline wbrisett

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: New French Traffic Regs for Bikers
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 09:41:21 AM »
Wow... It's interesting seeing the regulations from Europe. They aren't discussed much on other boards, so it's interesting to see them here. It makes me realize how lucky (and relaxed) we are when it comes to rules here in the US. Of course because each state is in charge of setting rules for driving (the federal government can't do that) it would be hard to have uniformity like this. Heck, we can't even agree on the wearing of safety equipment (helmets in particular), and only once did states have uniformity when it came to speed limits, which was done by the federal government withholding money to states that didn't comply. Today speed limits are all over the map. They just raised certain sections of roads here in Texas to 85 MPH (that's ~137 Km/h), which is now the fastest posted limits anywhere in the US. One of our local BMW members just got hit on his bike by somebody who wasn't paying attention due to being distracted switching out CDs in the car, I don't think they will ever be able to legislate removal of all distractions, it's up to individuals to do that for themselves (of course I don't expect much will happen in this area since people aren't willing to take a lot of responsibility for their own actions these days).

Anyhow, looks like this is a very old thread. Did these laws start this week in France?

Wayne

Offline Mike31

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
 Lucky USA   my son live in San Rafael CA  and married with an Texan from Houston, so i travel and ride in the US and I know  the hill country close to Austin :046:

in France we have the king Sarko and is court.radar,camera,police,gendarme.

No the will start the first of january 2013

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike31 [+]
latest news ( moto-net-com )in french

Sorry for my english

hunting opening  : first of january 2013

Is my jacket in accordance?

According to the decree appeared today , the rtrorflchissant equipment can be " in the only one or several parts(parties) " but has to necessarily " be of a total surface at least equal to 150 cm2 ".

imagine the police with a rule

And a calculator to work out the surface area :-)
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline dcolak

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Triumph 800XC
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 03:59:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by davetez [+]

7. Any biker who can not prove he/she has ridden a "big" motorcycle in the last 5 years, must take a mandatory re-training before riding a bike again.

Whoah. Your government is treating you like children.

That's just disgusting. Are they your servants or your parents?!

Jesus.

French society has gone downhill. Where is LIBERTY?

I'm lucky to live in free Chile.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:02:09 PM by dcolak »

Offline wbrisett

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by dcolak [+]
Where is LIBERTY?

They (the French) sent her (statue of Liberty) to us in 1886.  :017:

Wayne

Offline firecat0_0

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XC/KDX/C15T
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »
Surely an oxford type hi viz belt would easily meet the 150cm2 rule?
As a bike rider you know why dogs love to stick their heads out of car windows into the breeze!!

Offline Mike31

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »
Bonjour all

Isle of Man project.

What are the police rules to ride in UK .radar detector? speed limits ? gear color (if )? number plat size ?

In France:                      driving licence = 12 points 

speed limit in town 30 kmh or 50 kmh
                                       road  70 kmh or 90 kmh
                                       2 lines roads (expresway) 110 kmh
                                       motorway                        130 kmh
                                       radar detector   forbidden  we should have 4000 radars very soon , 630 millions euros collected in 2011
                                        example speed limit 90 kmh if your speed is 100 kmh = 1 point and 45 euro if you pay under 15 days if not 145 euros???
                                                                       90 kmh .......................160 kmh = you go in court and the seize your bike and 0000 euro?depend of court decision

if you ride in France  never exced the limits of + 20 kmh  NOTE  all the radars sign will be removed soon and GPS with radar position are 
                                         forbidden                                         

Offline BigMike

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
MIke, I thought they had dropped the banning of GPS which shows radars and cameras?

Radar detectors are legal here (UK)

Offline Andylaser

• Tiger Jedi
  • Heavy Metal
  • Bike: Black Roadie
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
If you are interested, Garmin has removed all reference to "speed cameras & radars" on their French sat navs. They have also introduced a new feature advising of "danger zones".

This apparently complies with the new law.  :001:

Sat navs for other European countries still have the French camera databases installed.

Offline cunestu

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
According to a short report in MCN the french government have now dropped all plans to introduce compulsory reflective clothing for motorcyclists when it emerged that to do so would put them in contravention on an existing EU Directive  :047:

Sometimes I like to squat down, put my arms around my legs and lean forward but that's just how I roll.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch