Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How do you pronounce "Llanwrtyd" Wells?  (Read 6018 times)

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Re: How do you pronounce "Llanwrtyd" Wells?
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by TripleDick [+]
After you've had a few pints Matt nobody can understand you  :038:

mumble, mumble, must not rise to the bait  :492:

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Llandrindod Wells, is harder and often referred to as "Clang-ding-dong-bells" instead by cheeky Englishmen  :033:

The idle locals miss out the middle & end bits & call it Hlandod.

Ayup Dil, got mesen an XRx the now, jus t'job for piddlin in t'hills, not a replacement mind.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 03:25:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Ayup Dil, got mesen an XRx the now, jus t'job for piddlin in t'hills, not a replacement mind.

Bugger, I thought I'd left you behind  :155:  :008:
Now available in "Batman"

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »
Bugger, I thought I'd left you behind  :155:  :008:

Haha, somebody had to come & annoy ya. Been down with the Man-flu since Sat before last, picked it up at the "Last Condom rally" down Mersea island.

Only picked the T800 up yesterday, 'cos of feeling shoite. By 'eck 'tis easy bike to ride, just as well I s'pose.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »
Haha, somebody had to come & annoy ya. Been down with the Man-flu since Sat before last, picked it up at the "Last Condom rally" down Mersea island.

Only picked the T800 up yesterday, 'cos of feeling shoite. By 'eck 'tis easy bike to ride, just as well I s'pose.

I had mine for 3 years and 42,000 miles, but had the suspension reworked by Maxton's.

Torn at the moment between another T800 XR, or an Exploder XR, possibly new, but perhaps another nearly new like the Sport I killed, depends what's about when the leg's working properly and free of scaffolding  :038:

We're all off to this unpronounceable place tomorrow for what is quaintly called a mini-meet, we tend to have a very well attended mega-meet in May and the mini in Sept, should be another good turn out, even this late in the year  :028:

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 02:02:17 PM »
I had mine for 3 years and 42,000 miles, but had the suspension reworked by Maxton's.

Torn at the moment between another T800 XR, or an Exploder XR, possibly new, but perhaps another nearly new like the Sport I killed, depends what's about when the leg's working properly and free of scaffolding  :038:

We're all off to this unpronounceable place tomorrow for what is quaintly called a mini-meet, we tend to have a very well attended mega-meet in May and the mini in Sept, should be another good turn out, even this late in the year  :028:

Tiko gave me a fair deal on this XRx. I'll keep an eye on the meets when I can shake off this dreaded Man-flu. Any planned rides get posted up?
Several of my chums have the Explorer, not for me, 'tis a gurt heavy lump, all dropped them, but then we've all dropped the TS's at standstill. Keeping the TS for now, we'll see.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 07:27:16 PM »
Tiko gave me a fair deal on this XRx. I'll keep an eye on the meets when I can shake off this dreaded Man-flu. Any planned rides get posted up?
Several of my chums have the Explorer, not for me, 'tis a gurt heavy lump, all dropped them, but then we've all dropped the TS's at standstill. Keeping the TS for now, we'll see.

We used to do one every month, Cheshire/ Derbyshire/ Leicestershire, but they fizzled out, maybe next spring ?

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 07:41:19 PM »
We used to do one every month, Cheshire/ Derbyshire/ Leicestershire, but they fizzled out, maybe next spring ?

Ok thanks for that. I got another rally to go to next w/e, down Upton on Severn, getting a tad nippy for this camping.

winded-staunch