Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Advanced Riding, ROSPA or IAM?  (Read 7025 times)

Offline Pailton

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XRT
Re: Advanced Riding, ROSPA or IAM?
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2017, 03:23:38 AM »
I had my first taster lesson with Ladam (I.A.M) on Saturday which went pretty well, having said that I rated my success by the fact that my observer didn't stop me halfway through and take my keys off me and insist I get the bus back.  :020:

He did point out that the "racing line" is not the correct line, riding just to the left of the centre white line as though I am trying to overtake everything is also not the correct line.  :156:  I don't think he realised the 40 or so minutes we were out was the first time I had stuck to the speed limit in years and he still pulled me up for going to fast.   :192:

I have complete faith that I will be a better rider after taking up the training but retraining my brain to accept a different normal is going to be bloody hard work.  :004:

Offline Jamstealer

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2017, 07:09:26 AM »
Well done ! Sounds like a good run out.
It won't take long to " relearn " your style.
You will also find that using the " advanced" type riding lines, rather than the so called " racing lines" is actually faster on the road ( different on the track)
You will also find that once you get the " system" in your head, riding is easier, and far less tiring.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.

Offline varonda

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: RAC orange XRT
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2017, 09:19:24 AM »
 Well done on making a start--stick with it and you'll find you look at the road and its hazards a new light !!
 the only warning I would give is that if you ride regularly with mates who haven't done the 'course' then when
 you've completed the course and passed you'll not like riding out with said mates  :002:
If the truth fits -- wear it !!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch