Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > ECU Re-Mapping and Tuning

Tiger Tool Connection Problem

(1/6) > >>

Night Falcon:
Hi guys, can anyone help.....I have downloaded the free tiger tool software (from this site  :001:) and purchased the OBD2 ELM 327 (v1.5) USB connector but getting the bike and the software to talk is proving problematic.

I keep getting  the can't connect to OBD interface message then on a second attempt I get an error message (see attachment)

I have checked both Tiger Tool and the OBD2 are both on the same com port. Com3 appears to be the software default which I cant change, but can reallocate OBD2 to match.

Here's my procedure to connect (which I've done in various order to see if it will work)

Connect OBD2 to USB port on laptop (win 10)

Kill switch on, ignition on

Connect OBD2 to bike port

Open tiger tool, press Agree tab

select port option Com3 (only one ever available)

press connect.....then no connection.

Windows 10 says it has the latest drivers....but maybe this is the problem? OBD2 software has some old windows drives (vista, XP, 98 etc) but I assume the latest ones should be fine?

I'm reasonably confident I have the correct OBD2 connector and the software looks ok....so any procedural or other suggestions I can try to make it work?

Thanks for any help  :152:

Chook22:
I've found to get a consistent connection, I:

1. Plug OBD2 lead to PC USB port
2.  reboot my PC (I've used both a windows 7 laptop and a windows 10 surface)
3. start tigertool
4. select the correct comm port
5. connect the OBD2 to the bike
6. Connect to ECU

This seems the connect every time for me.

HTH

Burt:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon
Windows 10 says it has the latest drivers....but maybe this is the problem? OBD2 software has some old windows drives (vista, XP, 98 etc) but I assume the latest ones should be fine?

Thanks for any help  :152:

My win10 did not have the right driver for the OBD 327 and windows could not also find it online. I had to install the CH340 driver that came with the unit (in the little CD)

More info HERE

Rtwo:
With the OBD connected to your PC, what entries have you got in Device Manager (right click start button and select) under 'Comm Ports'?

Night Falcon:
Device Manager opens the port (com3) automatically when the OBD is connected to the pc. Tabs reads"

-Ports (COM & LPT)
    - Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM3)

I'm thinking it will be some annoying windows config problem so might investigate Burt's comments on the drivers further.

Really appreciate the help btw....this site rocks.....almost as much as my Tiger   :020:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version