Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seem To Be Expensive  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Turbo100

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • RIP
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
Seem To Be Expensive
« on: December 17, 2016, 02:26:48 PM »
Hi
Just had a quote off Bikesure for insurance, and compared for identical cover from Hastings and with the relevant discount they were 110 dearer  :156:
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline stu31030

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Re: Seem To Be Expensive
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »
You just have to shop around.  No loyalty these days, insurance seems to give you an introductory deal and then rise you in the second year.  Ive just moved from Bennetts to Bike Sure as they were 80 cheaper than Bennetts!

Offline Glitterboots

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
I'm with Carole Nash on a multibike policy. This year's renewal was ridiculous. Bennets were quoting 80 cheaper, so went back to CN and haggled the same price. Might be worth going back to Bikesure with the evidence and seeing if they will match. I bet they will. Saves the hassle of changing over.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »
Just had a quote off Bikesure for insurance, and compared for identical cover from Hastings and with the relevant discount they were 110 dearer

Did you get the quote via the forum ?

Have a look at this post, best to call them as they offer 25% off.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,14748.0.html

If you did then I guess it's just one of those things, there are so many factors involved with insurance, it's not the same for everyone, where you live, driving history etc etc can all influence the price. As others have said you need to get a few quotes.  :038:

:031:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Turbo100

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • RIP
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
Did you get the quote via the forum ?

Have a look at this post, best to call them as they offer 25% off.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,14748.0.html

If you did then I guess it's just one of those things, there are so many factors involved with insurance, it's not the same for everyone, where you live, driving history etc etc can all influence the price. As others have said you need to get a few quotes.  :038:

:031:

Tried to go through via the forum but forget now why but it wouldn't work, but then I spoke to them I did tell him I was a member and the quote he said reflected that.
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline GlynnJ

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: '13 T800R
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 05:46:02 PM »
I am currently with Bikesure and I am very happy with them. Just added my Trophy 900 to my T800 policy for 60 😀. But, as has been said already, you have to shop around every year and haggle. Good luck.

Offline Jay2

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 11:59:38 AM »
We all feel your pain mate with insurance companies, set of robbing  :172:

After many years with my car found an insurance company that I now stick with and trust, not the cheapest but the least hassle and have the least dodgy small print exclusions if I ever really need them.

BUT still can't find one for my bike insurance.  :232:  Worked my way through most of them by now and STILL have to do the same running round for quotes every year, goes up rather than down at renewal, no loyalty to present customers, no logic to how its calculated,  :157:

Recent Topics