Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch Centre Nut & Washer Replacement  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Clutch Centre Nut & Washer Replacement
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:31:31 PM »
I'm about to order the parts I need to re-install the clutch basket but can't quite figure out what parts need or may need replacing.
The manual only mentions replacing the Belleville washer and re-using the nut but I'm sure I'll need a new nut if the original has already been staked?

Can anyone clarify?
Also, is the Belleville washer part number 24 on this drawing? it's not clear

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: Clutch Centre Nut & Washer Replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Can anyone clarify?
Also, is the Belleville washer part number 24 on this drawing? it's not clear
Well, whilst not having done a T800 clutch - personally - I have seen many a clutch innards.
So, yes.
By no other reasoning than part# 24 costs 2 ~ 3 times more than part# 25 (as well a dome-shaped Bellville washer should -- over a common 22x34 flat washer).

*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
I'm sure I'll need a new nut if the original has already been staked?
Well, you probably wouldn't be the first one to re-use a clutch nut?
If the manual doesn't say "replace"? -- then it's a judgement call. It's only money, after all -- and, the nut costs less than that fancy washer...  :033:
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi V7850
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:14:18 PM »
I re-used my nut only because the dealer hadn't previously staked it when doing the return spring bulletin.  So I have a nut ready and waiting.
Moto Guzzi V7 Centenario baby!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »
Thanks for the info

Yeah, I've re-used clutch centre nuts in the past, it was just that I hadn't actually laid eyes on the Tiger one (& the manual not mentioning re-using it) so wondered if it was any different

cheers

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch