Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mitas E07s just fitted - very happy  (Read 1723 times)

Offline ThaiRider

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2015 XCx
Mitas E07s just fitted - very happy
« on: January 29, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »
 I've just fitted a set of Mitas E07s to my Tiger to replace the standard Bridgestone Battle Wings.
I chose these after researching many Tiger and adventure forums and because they are available at a reasonable cost here in "the land of smiles".
I went for the dakar version (stiffer side walls) for no other reason than they were more readily available.

I went for my first ride today and at the first turn I nearly lost it... I guess it must be the more rounded profile, but they make the bike drop into a turn so easily it caught me out.
After a few more kms (miles) i got more used to it and started to enjoy the effortless way the bike now handles.
The Bridgestones felt like you had to man handle the bike into turns but not anymore.

I tried some mild off road dirt and they certainly inspire more confidence.

So overall I'm very happy.

Cheers all  :017:

TR
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:27:16 PM by ThaiRider »
The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... You have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, I know that sounds silly, but it's true - Valentino Rossi

Offline av8or

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCA
Re: Mitas E07s just fitted - very happy
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 09:21:31 PM »
I also fitted a pair of EO7 to my XCA a couple of weeks back.  Same as you, had to get used to bike dropping into turns rather than having to crank it over on the Bridgestones.  Did a 350kl off road trip and the tyres were superb, very predictable both on and off road.  Huge improvement over the "rim protectors" fitted as standard.

Offline guteixei

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 12:14:17 AM »
Probably you had some tire wax when turning. I removed the wax fast by going off-road during the first miles when new.
Im using the e07 and I also think it is a big improvement over the original which follows road stripes/grooves and this behavior is very annoying. The 150 rear heidenau k60 has the same issue due to the center stripe.
The cornering is much better and accurate than "trashwings" as you stated but in addition it is a very impact absorbing tire thus well suited for off-road use and pot holes on brazilian tarmac : )
I have done about 1000 miles off-road using the e07 and it handles well on sand, rocky terrain and even on shallow mud, it is much much better than previous tire.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:17:06 AM by guteixei »

Offline Chook22

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XCA
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:34:42 AM »
I debated for weeks on Mitas E07 or the Heidenau K60. Same thing, getting rid of the original Battle Wings. I ended up with the K60 and I'm very happy with them. Just got back from a 2400km ride, with approx 20% on dirt roads. No problems.

Offline av8or

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCA
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 06:09:31 AM »
I think you will find that the easier tip in to corners is more due to the different tyre construction rather than "tyre wax".  It is actually a release agent in order for the tyre to come out of the mould at manufacturing and can catch out the unwary until the tyre scrubs in. Has little or nothing to do with new tyre handling

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
  • Tiger 800 No2.. Scrambler.. Mahoosive Yamaha
  • Bike: Tiger 800...
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 07:41:00 AM »
The K60's and Mitas do have a sharper profile on the front....

When I go back to standard Anakee 2's for the summer the bike is very slow to turn in...

K60's do make the bike more nimble in the twisties...  :001:

Looking at putting them on my S10 for my 2018 Eastern European adventures... (I'm a K60 man..  :062:)

Greg
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline ThaiRider

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2015 XCx
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:45:52 AM »
After doing a few hundred miles I'd say it's definately not the tyre releasing agent and is the different tyre profile - but I like it... the Tiger rolls into corners so effortlessly.

I was initially going to get K60s but they were the eqyivalent of 200 a set, whereas the E07s were about 140.

Thanks for the comments guys.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:01:38 PM by ThaiRider »
The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... You have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, I know that sounds silly, but it's true - Valentino Rossi

Offline Chook22

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XCA
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 01:59:32 AM »
Yeh the K60 are a bit more expensive, but was told they last a bit longer ... obviously hard to compare unless riding similar road/dirt combinations, but interested to hear how you find the E07 wears for you.

Online mercucio1

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 08:30:43 AM »
Hello,
I am looking to buy new Mitas E-07+ 150/70-17 rear tire for my Triumph Tiger 800 XC, however i cannot find Tube version (TT) of that tire. So, the questions are:

Is there a TT version of Mitas E-07+ 150/70-17 tire?

Can I fit tube into Mitas E-07+ 150/70-17 TL version? If yes, is it a common thing that people do when they have spoked wheels? Are there any drawbacks of that solution?

Cheers

Recent Topics

winded-staunch