Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Raid toolbox - fit and opening  (Read 2449 times)

Offline GlynnJ

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: '13 T800R
Re: Raid toolbox - fit and opening
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 07:20:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Psychopasta [+]
This is a really useful thread. I had no idea such a thing existed! I have the Givi Monokey frame, with Enduristan Monsoons attached, and there is a big empty gap between the left hand one and the bike. This would fill it up nicely!

I had a look at the Givi site for their other accessories and came across a baby's seat for a motorbike: https://www.givi.co.uk/motorbike-accessories/Safety-and-comfort/S650%20Baby%20Ride Is this for real, or an April Fool's that hasn't been taken down yet? I particularly like this line from the description:

There is no seat belt which will keep the child tied to the seat (such as those present on bicycle seats) the mere presence of an adult on the front seat is enough to avoid the child moving forward.

Has anyone tried talking their spouse into allowing this? Please tell!

- Pasta

I am fairly sure that seat is not legal in the U.K. because it is a requirement that the passengers feet reach the foot rests.

Offline Psychopasta

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »
I certainly can't imagine any company getting insurance to sell one in the USA!

Offline tommyt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 07:48:30 PM »
If anyone is interested, the DS Raid toolbox fits with the Metal Mule balanced pannier frames but I'm going to sort out some different fixings to make it a bit neater and remove the paint to get it back to a plain aluminium finish - another project!

It's not bad quality and compared to the Touratech version for the GS, https://shop.touratech.co.uk/toolbox-for-original-stainless-steel-case-carrier-bmw-r1200gs-r1200gs-adventure.html the price (when they have a sale) isn't bad either. Everyone to their own though....

TT

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 08:01:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Psychopasta [+]
This is a really useful thread. I had no idea such a thing existed! I have the Givi Monokey frame, with Enduristan Monsoons attached, and there is a big empty gap between the left hand one and the bike. This would fill it up nicely!

I had a look at the Givi site for their other accessories and came across a baby's seat for a motorbike: https://www.givi.co.uk/motorbike-accessories/Safety-and-comfort/S650%20Baby%20Ride Is this for real, or an April Fool's that hasn't been taken down yet? I particularly like this line from the description:

There is no seat belt which will keep the child tied to the seat (such as those present on bicycle seats) the mere presence of an adult on the front seat is enough to avoid the child moving forward.

Has anyone tried talking their spouse into allowing this? Please tell!

- Pasta

Anybody that would buy and then to go on and sit a child in that seat need certifing and then have the child taken into care  :125:
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 11:49:31 PM »
Of course you can always make your own fairly inexpensively.
I deliberately mounted the alloy bar to the Givi mount holes in the rack so that if I ever want to put Givi panniers back on the bolts that hold the pannier mounting lugs will also hold the alloy bar in place.
It holds my tyre pump and plugs and other bits and pieces and has plenty of spare room for some spanners and other things if I want. Its completely water and weatherproof and I can get at it even with panniers fitted as the box lid just opens down across the top of the rear wheel

Offline Dah-Dit

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800XC
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 04:31:48 PM »
I was just considering the DSBP box when I saw your solution.  What kind of box is it that you used? Rough size?

Offline Alunr

• Tiger Master
  • Alun
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 05:40:38 PM »
My patented tool tube here:

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,8042.msg266897.html#msg266897

Can make one for you for the price of the materials.
You're never too old to have a happy childhood :-)

Past Bikes: Panther 600, BSA Bantam, Lambretta TV 175, Lambretta GT200, AJS 125, Suzuki Gladius, Honda NT700. Present: Triumph Tiger 800 ABS

Offline Dah-Dit

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 800XC
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 05:49:11 PM »
Would the P-clips work on an SW Motech rack like the one above?

Looks interesting :)

Offline Alunr

• Tiger Master
  • Alun
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »
It's just about picking the right sized p-clips. Then they're mounted on the band's which can be orientated to the specific frame then fixed in place with an adhesive. It is totally waterproof. Even to a high pressure hose. In fact I had to put a tiny air vent in the bottom to allow the bung to come out. It hisses as the air moves in and out. I am thinking of going into limited production on them.
You're never too old to have a happy childhood :-)

Past Bikes: Panther 600, BSA Bantam, Lambretta TV 175, Lambretta GT200, AJS 125, Suzuki Gladius, Honda NT700. Present: Triumph Tiger 800 ABS

Recent Topics

winded-staunch