DSC01360

Views: 88
Posted by: viince
in: viince
Ennerdale

Views: 310
Posted by: GringoRojo
in: GringoRojo

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Handlebar Grip Replacement  (Read 380 times)

Offline Frosties

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 (ABS)
Handlebar Grip Replacement
« on: April 21, 2017, 07:17:45 AM »
So after a minor squeeze a couple of months back, I'm sure my handlebars got slightly bent, so I'm replacing them. I'm also doing away with the OEM heaters (another discussion) which were fitted when I had the bike. What I didn't get was the original OEM grips to put back on.

So can I just buy any old set of 7/8" grips, or should I just plumb for the originals?

Looking at this parts schematic, the throttle side grip is different to the left, but many pairs I've seen online don't look like this.

I haven't got the new bars yet, hence I haven't disassembled the current handlebar and grips to see for myself.

Thanks
Wayne

Online sychodan

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Onroad
Re: Handlebar Grip Replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:02:17 AM »
the throttle side includes the plastic tube for the throttle cables to be mounted.

No spare rubbers have this bike specific item included.

If you need the pair i have a new one including the throttle tube here laying around but i dont know if shipping costs to the UK wont make those things expensive.

Offline Frosties

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »
Thanks Dan. I'm going to try the stealer first as I think the originals should have been in the box of bits I got when I picked the bike up. But if not......

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 12:27:22 PM »
Dude i have a set of Roadie bars, would take a reasonable offer for them an in North London.

Offline Frosties

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:13:48 AM »
Thanks for the offer mate. I've ordered Renthal road bars to replace my bent one and the dealer came up trumps yesterday and gave me a pair of grips they had knocking around for nought!

Recent Topics