Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi sra6401 fitting issue  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Steven clarkey

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrx
Givi sra6401 fitting issue
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »
HELP  :440:
Hi can someone please help me
I am picking up my new tiger tomorrow it's a 800 XRx .
It has the  Free Triumph   Expedition Aluminium Panniers fitted and as i have a Givi V47 top box , i bought a  GIVI SRA6401 rack my dealer was going to fit it for me, but has just informed me they cannot fit the rack as it won't fit with the  Triumph  Expedition Aluminium Panniers . Anybody got any advice,.Ideas solutions .
Thanks Stevie

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:30:30 PM by Steven clarkey »

Offline Trotters

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger ABS
Re: Givi sra6401 fitting issue
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:30:45 PM »
ls this any help (it's in a foreign lingo but it's more visual that narration that you want)
/>
Also;
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/631122-will-the-new-triumph-expedition-pannier-work-on-2014-a.html

PS, l personally think your Triumph dealer is being a botty orifice about this situation!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:51:00 PM by Trotters »
Mick

Offline Steven clarkey

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:04:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trotters [+]
ls this any help (it's in a foreign lingo but it's more visual that narration that you want)
/>
Also;
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/631122-will-the-new-triumph-expedition-pannier-work-on-2014-a.html

PS, l personally think your Triumph dealer is being a botty orifice about this situation!
Thanks for the quick reply but fitting the sra6401 rack on its own is not the issue .My dealer said it can't  be fitted with the triumph Panniers as the bolts don't line up ,l was just hoping someone else had this problem, I'll have a look myself when i get the bike tomorrow 😁 cheers

Offline Taffswell1

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRT
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:20:04 AM »
I fitted it to my XRT which came with pannier racks as standard. The holes do line up but you need to use slightly longer bolts in the pannier racks - just replace the Triumph ones in the rack with longer ones. I can't remember what length or size but I think the Triumph rack ones were m8 65mm and I think I replaced them with ones about about 10mm longer. I remember ordering a range of lengths and using the best length at the time. It's been on 9 months now and everything is fine with the givi box and the triumph panniers.

Offline felix

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 05:34:33 PM »

As above..... you just need longer bolts for each of the rear pannier carriers:

Assuming that the Ally rack fits the same as mine...

Shown fitted:

Difference in Bolts:

Bought the bolts off ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231336973214?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=530598122433&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

:002:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:46:12 PM by felix »

Offline Steven clarkey

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »
Thanks for the replies .I picked the bike up today and after speaking to the guy who tried to fit it and after having a look myself , as mentioned  longer bolts will do the trick.They just didn't want to fit it in case anything went wrong .
I brought the rack home and fitted it my self in about 30 mins .So it's all good.

Offline TCFA

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 10:24:55 AM »
Hi

As with others I used longer bolts.  I could only find M8 x 100 in my DIY shop with cross head not hex head, but tbh they did the job.  Bigger problem I had was with the spacers Givi provided that are supposed to go between the Triumph rack and the brackets that you put under the rack.  Problems were (1) impossible to get them all to stay in place when trying to fit; (2) it would leave the rear rack with a big gap all around it; (3) you wouldn't be able to get the original triumph bolts in place properly; and (4) you'd end up with the brackets that hold the monokey plate in place (and indeed the triumph rack too) only being screwed into the brackets beneath the rack by a few mm of thread which seems a bit unsafe to me!!  So I abandoned the spacers.  Interested to know if anyone else had the same problem?

Offline Steven clarkey

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »
   Just to check you are talking about the Givi sra6401 aluminium rack .  The spacers  fit in the 17mm holes YOU  have to drill in the original plastic rack as per the posted video .I didn't have any issues with anything apart from using longer bolts for the metal bracket that go through the oem side panniers.

Offline TCFA

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »
Cheers - it's not the ally rack but I think fitmebt is similar. Mistake I made was not thinking the instructions through and only drilling 6mm holes in the plastic rack for the bolts to go through. Seems to be stable enough so I think I'll leave as is for my upcoming trip then maybe sort it out after.

Offline SeamusW

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRX
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 06:43:39 PM »
I had the same problem with my 2018 XRX.  Longer bolts solved the problem.  There are marks in the plastic on the bottom of the OEM plastic cover but I found they were off by a couple mm.  Drill small pilot holes first and check the fit before going for the full 17mm is my advice.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch