IMG 2941

Views: 4
Posted by: malkey
in: malkey
Chain LR

Views: 122
Posted by: charrito
in: charrito

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Nitron rear shock & Andreani fork internals review.  (Read 1268 times)

Offline C-J

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC ABS
Nitron rear shock & Andreani fork internals review.
« on: April 24, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »
I was not happy with the standard suspension on my 2012 XC so I've upgraded to a Nitron rear shock and Andreani internals, with full adjustment, in the front from www.stevejordanmotorcycles.co.uk

The difference is nothing short of incredible, I'm no pro-rider but even I can feel it, and Steve fitted the kit in a few hours with the springs and sag set to my weight.  The bike feels like a new machine; the soft, flabby rear (and lets face it; no one likes a soft, flabby rear) now feels firm and secure with the added bonus of extra ride height.  The front feels far more planted and doesn't bottom out under breaking and off-road.  All round the bike remains flat under hard acceleration and breaking, which gives an increased feeling of speed and has stopped her "sitting down" under hard throttle use.  When tracking over bumps the rebound is noticeably improved and feels smoother and more predictable rather than the punch-in-the-balls feeling it had before.  Its also got rid of the problem I had with the bike falling off the side stand under full panniers (30kg).

It wasn't a cheap mod but I'm not going to sell this bike so its a long term investment and one thats left me wondering why I didn't do this years ago.
My bikes: Honda CBR600F, Triumph Daytona 600, Triumph Daytona 675, Triumph Scrambler, Yamaha TT250, Yamaha WR250, BMW1200GS, Triumph Speed Triple and now a Tiger 800XC

If you're fed up of using sleeping pills check out my blog instead:

www.sprocket517.blogspot.com

Offline Trotters

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger ABS
Re: Nitron rear shock & Andreani fork internals review.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:36 PM »
That's amazing that you posted this just as l was looking at Andreani cartridge inserts for my 800ABS  :084:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381449800424?hash=item58d02e0ae8:g:E0kAAOSwrklVN4Pd&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true

l'll check out your prices to compare, but l'm in the USA so either way they need mailing over here.
Mick

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XRx
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 04:20:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by C-J [+]
I was not happy with the standard suspension on my 2012 XC so I've upgraded to a Nitron rear shock and Andreani internals, with full adjustment, in the front from www.stevejordanmotorcycles.co.uk

The difference is nothing short of incredible, I'm no pro-rider but even I can feel it, and Steve fitted the kit in a few hours with the springs and sag set to my weight.  The bike feels like a new machine; the soft, flabby rear (and lets face it; no one likes a soft, flabby rear) now feels firm and secure with the added bonus of extra ride height.  The front feels far more planted and doesn't bottom out under breaking and off-road.  All round the bike remains flat under hard acceleration and breaking, which gives an increased feeling of speed and has stopped her "sitting down" under hard throttle use.  When tracking over bumps the rebound is noticeably improved and feels smoother and more predictable rather than the punch-in-the-balls feeling it had before.  Its also got rid of the problem I had with the bike falling off the side stand under full panniers (30kg).

It wasn't a cheap mod but I'm not going to sell this bike so its a long term investment and one thats left me wondering why I didn't do this years ago.

Hi, I am really pleased with my XRx but having ridden the Explorer yesterday (test ride) and experiencing proper suspension its thrown a different light on things and seeing your upgrades I am seriously thinking of going down your route. Probably a lot cheaper than changing bikes I hope!!!!

I ride past Steve Jordan Motorcycles regularly on my way to Newlands Corner, when you say a few hours is that a morning/afternoon job or best part of a day?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:22:00 PM by Tigermainia »
BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx

Offline C-J

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC ABS
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 05:30:08 PM »
It took about 3 hours. There are some great cafes nearby.

My bikes: Honda CBR600F, Triumph Daytona 600, Triumph Daytona 675, Triumph Scrambler, Yamaha TT250, Yamaha WR250, BMW1200GS, Triumph Speed Triple and now a Tiger 800XC

If you're fed up of using sleeping pills check out my blog instead:

www.sprocket517.blogspot.com

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 07:33:53 PM »
C-J
Popped into Steve Jordan Motorcycles on my way to Newlands Corner for lunch, spoke to the girl on reception who I had phoned on Wednesday re a quote for the same upgrade as yourself. She quoted me a figure (as you say, not cheap) as she said she had nearly finished the written quote and would send it on to me.................I'm still waiting. I've sent a reminder from their website..............wait and see. :084:
BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Master
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »
Hi C-J,

I have just had my mind made up for me (re suspension upgrade), I thought I'd ring my insurers to notify them of possible changes/upgrades and to find out the costs :156: :138: :183: my current underwriter with them wouldn't cover the mods and there was only one other that would quote Red Star I believe.......................857 for a new policy!!!!!!!! plus 1367 for the upgrade work, it will probably cheaper to change bikes!!!!

I hope you've informed your insurer!!!!!! :430:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:52:18 PM by Tigermainia »

Offline GlynnJ

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: '13 T800R
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 10:02:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermainia [+]
Hi C-J,

I have just had my mind made up for me (re suspension upgrade), I thought I'd ring my insurers to notify them of possible changes/upgrades and to find out the costs :156: :138: :183: my current underwriter with them wouldn't cover the mods and there was only one other that would quote Red Star I believe.......................857 for a new policy!!!!!!!! plus 1367 for the upgrade work, it will probably cheaper to change bikes!!!!

I hope you've informed your insurer!!!!!! :430:

No need to inform insurer if you are replacing consumable parts with items made specifically for your bike. Don't believe all you read about insurers - they can't void your policy on a whim and they can be challenged if they try.

Taken to extremes: what about tyres, brake pads, fluids...

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 08:48:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by GlynnJ [+]
No need to inform insurer if you are replacing consumable parts with items made specifically for your bike. Don't believe all you read about insurers - they can't void your policy on a whim and they can be challenged if they try.

Taken to extremes: what about tyres, brake pads, fluids...

That seems very reasonable reasoning.

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Master
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 06:01:55 PM »
Got it sorted:-

I got in touch with Bikesure this morning and spoke with a young lady who had to contact the underwriters and said she would call back..........waited until this afternoon then rang back and the guy I spoke to said there was no record of my inquiry!!!

Anyway he started the process again and with a bit of on hold of hold I finally got the the policy I required which had the inclusion of upgrading the front and rear suspension, Madstad screen and Arrow end can on the policy for the princely sum 215.49 which also included riding gear etc, etc. I suppose the area I live in has put up the premium over Gyver's and Daysy's cost, still a little better than Bennetts quote of 857!!!!!!!!!

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Pro
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: Tiger 800 / FZ1N
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »
I have a Nitron shock on my tiger 800 best money I ever spent. I have one on all 3 of my bikes. They are easy to adjust. Took my Fz1n out today and lost 1.5 stone since I last rode it. Went out realised it was now a bit stiff , stopped at a garage 2 click on the adjuster at base of shock job done then bike spot on again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:24:08 PM by ENGLISHBANDIT »
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Recent Topics