Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Megameet report and pics  (Read 16902 times)

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4827

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    • REME -'Arte et Marte' ... By Skill and by Fighting
    • Bike/Model: 2015 Tiger XRt
    Re: Megameet report and pics
    Reply #60 on: May 13, 2017, 04.50 pm
    May 13, 2017, 04.50 pm
    ... forgot to mention, Saturday evening they set up a BBQ adjacent to those big white entrance doors overlooking the garden providing the burgers, chicken and sausages to compliment the salad etc. provided inside.

Sunday was to be the Yorkshire Dales and Jane had thoughtfully split the day into 2 seperate rides such that those who needed to depart and may be heading (mainly) West or North wouldn't need to double back on themselves from Hawkhills and could depart after the lunchbreak (or whenever obviously) if more convienient.

So the morning route was about 75 miles:

The initial section, for morning coffee and cake obviously  :007: , was to Bolton Castle ...

... and then on towards Hawes, for the lunch location of the Wensleydale Creamery (Wallace & Grommit). The route again took us over sweeping roads and a short stop at the highest pub in Britain, at Tan Hill, which was already quite busy with bikes.

Then onwards to Hawes ...

... where there was the opportunity to try every cheese that they produced and as a cheese lover (clearly one of many in the group) tried every one which must have numbered around 20 I would estimate. Having had a filling cheese 1st course  :191: a simple coffee and fruit scone with jam and cream followed .... sorry Jane :038: but funny foam cream and blackcurrant jam, everyone knows it should be strawberry jam and clotted cream. Guess it keeps a balance, Yorkshires is good at cheese, the Westcountry good at scone, jam and cream. :008: :152:
    Last Edit: Sep 17, 2017, 12.29 am by Stevie.P
    Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4827

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    Reply #61 on: May 13, 2017, 05.24 pm
    May 13, 2017, 05.24 pm
    So, on to the final section of an excellent weekend of riding, from Hawes back to Hawkhills ... about 65 miles.

This really included some brilliant road, even though quite a substantial amount of miles at the start were robbed off us due to resurfacing and loose grit with a 20 mph speed limit (  :164: ... we must have all missed those limit signs) but once clear.  :306: :306: :306: :306: :306:

We eventually stopped at Pateley Bridge for coffee, along with many other bikers, but I think a few had an ice cream and the majority of us just had a social chat about the ride.

Then sadly the last section of ride back to Hawkhills, where it was slightly too early for the bar to open (at 5) so we retired to a lecture room for coffee and cookies .... then the bar. As the few grew more a move from seats to sofas was called for, then a move to more seating and eventually moving sofas from one side of the room to the other.
    Then it was evening meal and some more people were starting to arrive ready for Monday and courses. One was ambulance related and a huge group of others were in the restruant ... and a couple of us noticed their course details posted for their tables ... Kingdom of Saudi Arabia .... we guessed no problems getting served at the bar for us then. :152:
    We returned to our 'reserved' seating arrangements in the bar and apart from only a couple of other guests at the bar (probably paramedics) it was 'downhill' from there  :031: :031: :031: ... and apart from the mysterious words 'squirrel juice' I can't possibly say any more, but as said by me elsewhere, it was an hilarious time and I haven't laughed so much or hard in ages.  :492: :492: :492:

Monday morning brought breakfast and the reality (for most of us) of a long less pleasurable ride ahead. Here's hoping I can make every future mega, mini, spring, autumn or whatever ride the Tiger forum brings. A great bunch of friendly like minded bikers that money can't buy.

TAKE CARE ALL AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AND OTHERS IN THE FUTURE.
    Last Edit: Sep 17, 2017, 12.31 am by Stevie.P
    We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

• Offline Derchef1962   de

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1391

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: 900 GT PRO 2021
    Reply #62 on: May 13, 2017, 10.44 pm
    May 13, 2017, 10.44 pm
    well done Stevie, you summed it up fairly well
    like the pic with all the tigers parked in a row.... all yellow number plates except mine....
    Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

• Offline QoY

• Tiger Member  ‐    93

Offline QoY

• Tiger Member
    • Queen of Yorkshire
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800
    Reply #63 on: May 16, 2017, 04.45 pm
    May 16, 2017, 04.45 pm
    Great report Stevie you really are a roving reporter! Brought back the whole weekend for me, hope to see you again soon on the next one.

• Offline Toeknee

• Tiger Pro  ‐    160

Offline Toeknee

• Tiger Pro
    • Formerly bikerboy944
    • Bike/Model: Africa Twin
    Reply #64 on: May 18, 2017, 09.38 pm
    May 18, 2017, 09.38 pm
    *Originally Posted by JMc [+]
    It looks like you guys had a good weekend, Kerrie and I were sad not to be able to attend this time, its the 1st we've ever missed!

We'll look forward to next years  :001:
    yes you were missed. I look forward to next year and I will certainly be on two wheels then.
    Tony

• Offline Derchef1962   de

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1391

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: 900 GT PRO 2021
    Reply #65 on: May 20, 2017, 08.41 am
    May 20, 2017, 08.41 am
    regarding the squirrel subject look what I found in a copy of the Times of May 9....
    Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

• Online Stevie.P   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    4827

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
    Reply #66 on: May 20, 2017, 08.49 am
    May 20, 2017, 08.49 am
    You may be onto something there ...  :164: :492: ..........  :181:

• Online Wullie   gb

• Tiger Master  ‐    434

Online Wullie

• Tiger Master
    • Triumph Trophy TR6 (1969) Triumph Tiger 800 XCX
    Reply #67 on: May 20, 2017, 02.51 pm
    May 20, 2017, 02.51 pm
    I think Surrey Squirrel Relief should contact their counterparts in Kent immediately.  :017:

Wullie

• Offline fac191   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    1925

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: Super Tenere ES
    Reply #68 on: May 20, 2017, 09.03 pm
    May 20, 2017, 09.03 pm
    Thats a pukka Frank Spencer impersonation Jimmy`s got going on there !

• Offline Dilbert   gb

• Tiger Jedi  ‐    5407

Offline Dilbert

• Tiger Jedi
    • Bike/Model: Tiger 800 XRx
    Reply #69 on: May 21, 2017, 05.51 pm
    May 21, 2017, 05.51 pm
    Funny how the "Old Peculiar" tractor thing was behind Rozzer and Healdem, just sayin  :001:
    Tigris Panthera

winded-staunch