Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2018 MegaMeet Suggestions and offers  (Read 8870 times)

Offline QoY

• Tiger Member
  • Queen of Yorkshire
  • Bike: Tiger 800
2018 MegaMeet Suggestions and offers
« on: May 09, 2017, 08:29:54 AM »
I would hate to see the MegaMeet die out but I would not take on another meet by myself as it was quite time consuming and stressful.

I think if we adopt some teamwork we could cobble something together.

On my way to the Scottish meet last year i stayed at Bellingham in Northumberland and the hotel was fantastic. I would be happy to negotiate a group rate package and be the accommodation manager however i would need help and support with the routes and group leaders.

I know Matt said they have had a mini meet in this area but we have plenty of new faces myself included who did not attend.

The ride through the Kielder Forest was one of the best I ever did and the magnificent 7 really enjoyed it.

In order to secure a deal and a hotel for 20 people we need to book a year in advance really so let's get cracking.

If someone could take on the raffle also it helps.....I never got round to that this year.

So there you go thrown my hat in the ring, if anyone else would like to do it in another area please post up. I am happy to help with accommodation anywhere.

Offline FazerPhil

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • President Iron Butt Association UK
  • Bike: T800 + Fazer1000
Re: 2018 MegaMeet Suggestions and offers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:16 AM »
I didn't make the mini meet so would love to go back.

I'm happy to help raffle etc. But with events I organise for IBAUK I cannot commit too heavily.

Let's fix a date so there are no booking holiday issues. Keep in mind what ever date we choose will not be right for everyone.
FazerPhil IBA No. 432
President Iron Butt Association UK www.ironbutt.co.uk  for info
Iron butt rally Non finisher 2015 14th Iron Butt Rally 2013  43rd Iron Butt Rally 2011 6th Iron Butt European Tour 2014
Follow me on Twitter @fazerphil_ibauk

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »
Rather hoping there was going to be a mini-meet in Sept as well, I didn't make the Norfolk meet, or anything else around there  :016:

The Northumberland mini-meet was based at Alnwick and was glorious, we didn't do Keilder though and not sure how popular that would be with any pillions (having done part of it in a car)  :084:

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »
Assuming I can track down Brendan who offered to do a minimeet last year in staffordshire, a minimeet may be sorted  :017:

Megameet however needs someone, preferably more to volunteer. Who is up for it?

Offline Trotters

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger ABS
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 02:59:16 PM »
Mini or Megameet can be held in our back yard in Branson, Missouri anytime you guys want to arrange it & l promise not to run out of beer!!!!!

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=101

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Arkansas_79.html

PS, there's lots of wildlife just over the bottom fence including deer, possum, raccoons, groundhog & squirrels, so some of you may need to bring your Teddy
for comfort!!!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:01:20 PM by Trotters »
Mick

Online TripleDick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Super Tenere
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 06:27:37 PM »
Just an idea in the hat !! I couldn't make the mega meet this year for various reasons, but I'm prepared to arrange the mini meet this year in late September early October . See who else comes up with something in the next few weeks , we know we have the venue as it'll almost certainly be the Park again as the Mega meet in 2015 . And there's more Mardlers on board now to make it happen .  :465:
How Hard Can It Be?  Adventure before Dementure!
800XC
1050 SPORT
Super Tenere 1200

Online TripleDick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Super Tenere
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 06:29:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by TripleDick [+]
Just an idea in the hat !! I couldn't make the mega meet this year for various reasons, but I'm prepared to arrange the mini meet this year in late September early October . See who else comes up with something in the next few weeks , we know we have the venue as it'll almost certainly be the Park again as the Mega meet in 2015 . And there's more Mardlers on board now to make it happen .  :465:
Oh I should have said for all those newbies were talking Norfolk  :001:
How Hard Can It Be?  Adventure before Dementure!
800XC
1050 SPORT
Super Tenere 1200

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 06:53:09 PM »
Hi Richard
I don't think I'd be capable of putting together something like I've just experienced in Yorkshire, but I'd certainly be willing to lend a hand if "we" hosted a mini meet here in Norfolk.
I wouldn't mind having a go at putting a route together (it might end up as a Mystery Tour knowing my history...!), or helping in any other way; what d'ya reckon?
Any other Mardlers out there (and I know there are thousands) willing to get stuck in?
Geoff
And god said, "Come forth."...., but I came fifth and won a teapot.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »
Just a comment
the mini or megameets are not a competition. you don't have to out do or match the previous year(s). you dont' have to do things the same way as previous events. but what you do need is a willingness to put together a route(s)
I wonder if we are setti9gnt he bar too high on accomodation. yes the Kenmore last year and Hawkhiolls this year were fantastic, and I feel good value for the money but we may be deterring others by pricing out of the event. that is in no way a criticism of this or any other meetup.

Had a brief chat with Rocket, we wonder if we need to make as much as we do as a distinction between a mini and meg meet. is there a way of stripping out some of the cost, some of the hurdles and make organising and running the events easier. I take my hat off to Jane for organising last weekend on her own. Sadly that came at a cost... her sweeper skills were found wanting  :492:

Yes lets have a dioscussuion, yes lets have a few ideas. we dont' need to committ to a May location for a while, plenty of time for thise greater spotted southern Jessies from the SOuth East to get their act together... what me judgemental, perish the thought.

However I do think the minimeet is more pressing. the minimeet shoudl be say a day and half riding, ideally reasonably central so that no one has to lose working days... y'get the picture

keep this conversation going, troops

Offline smurfbud

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger Road Blue
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »
Although living on Alnwick's doorstep, I too missed the Northumberland mini meet due to work commitments.  :151:

Unfortunately my dear old mum picked a bad time to pass away so I ended up missing this year's Mega Meet and let Jane down badly with support for the rides out ... apologies once again Jane .... but I am glad to see the MM was a great success as I always knew it would be.  :062:

If next year's MM is the 2nd weekend in May then I should be available to run the routes around Kielder. The Magnificent 7 and Rocket have already experienced some of the potential so based on their feedback I am sure we could sort something that meets with approval.

Still a pupil at the school of life

Recent Topics