Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph booster plug on square deals  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Burt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Re: Triumph booster plug on square deals
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
If that's what a Negative temperature coefficiant sensor is then yes.  As for the O2 sensor funnily, or not the boosterplug worked great on my 1050 - with the O2 sensor   Really smoothed out the throttle response. 

As for the 800 I had the O2 removed long before fitting the booster plug.  Main reason for fitting is/was the arrow tune was making my 800 run really rich, whereas the boosterplug runs intermediate the standard tune and the arrow tune.  Since I removed the cat Call it extra insurance. 

No doubt further sarcastic and incorrect comments to follow.   :015:

No need to be sarcastic here... As far as incorrect comments, you don't need any help from me...

And for the record, or if you need to buy them in an electronic store, we call them thermistor. Have a look at the probe package (last picture on the right in the link below)

In the booster plug situation we use a NTC (from .10c to a few dollars for the metal probe in any electronic shop or possibly down to .5c each in packets of 100)

http://www.resistorguide.com/thermistor/

The fact is that you can build a "Booster Plug" yourself for few dollars in any electronic shop, and like I said, if you don't change the LAMBDA (O2 Sensor if you prefer) signal, is all for nothing... That's why the only devices on the market that actually do work are the one that have temperature and Lambda input plugs...

There is also a very simple reason of why after you disconnected the Lambda, your bike felt better. I'm sure you are aware of the failsafe mode built into most ECM where if the Lambda fails it automatically enrich the fuel mixture by up to 4% more..

Again, you can Google all this yourself, I'm just connecting the dots here...

And wouldn't you feel better to help people to buy a device that actually does work, instead of constantly insisting that your was working, but having no proof at all to back it up? Don't take it personal...

I bought one too, and after realising of how it was supposed to work and more importantly, of why it couldn't possibly work, I felt a bit stupid, removed it, and moved on...

Happy Riding

Offline Turbo100

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 07:11:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Burt [+]
There is also a very simple reason of why after you disconnected the Lambda, your bike felt better. I'm sure you are aware of the failsafe mode built into most ECM where if the Lambda fails it automatically enrich the fuel mixture by up to 4% more..

When you say "disconnect the lambda" do you then fit a socket with resistor / s  that I have seen for sale into the the lambda cable to trick the ECM to think the Lambder is still fitted?
For instance   http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/oxygen-o2-sensor-eliminator-tiger-800-explorer-1200-tbird-16001700-dynojet-o2-sensor-bypass-lambda-sensor-eliminator-kit-33552-p.asp
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:13:09 PM by Turbo100 »
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was.

Offline hayden

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 08:52:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Turbo100 [+]
I got the booster plug from Square Deals. It failed on me but before it failed I can't honestly say I saw any difference with it fitted, good or bad Quite possibly earlier 800 could see a difference but on the 2017 I think Triumph have sorted the little niggles that Booster plug would have sorted on earlier bikes.
I haven't refitted the replacement I swapped the cost of it for servicing parts, side stand foot ( really good quality foot incidentally ) and other useful bits.

Maybe...you fitted the `wrong` booster plug?
https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/frontpage.html
  :016:

Offline Burt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 01:56:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Turbo100 [+]
When you say "disconnect the lambda" do you then fit a socket with resistor / s  that I have seen for sale into the the lambda cable to trick the ECM to think the Lambder is still fitted?
For instance   http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/oxygen-o2-sensor-eliminator-tiger-800-explorer-1200-tbird-16001700-dynojet-o2-sensor-bypass-lambda-sensor-eliminator-kit-33552-p.asp

Personally I would never disconnect or recommend to anyone to just disconnect the Lambda on any modern fuel injected vehicle (unless you are racing and have other modules installed), but the device you mention above will give your ECU a constant fix reading (same as failsafe when faulty), but trick the ECU so that you don't get the check engine light on the dashboard, because of the resistor keeping the value within range.

The only thing is that is not really that simple. Do some Google search in why is important to have the correct stoich level in a combustion engine, particularly in these days where you can get so many different fuels at the pump (and save me some typing  :001:)...

If I had to use the plug/resistor mentioned above, I would probably also have the Power Commander to still be able to have some form of control over the stoich level in my engine...

But without going to that expense, you could just buy, (I believe I have seen another two on Internet and added the link to one of my previous posts), the one that does have the Temperature and the Lambda sensor plug/connectors, so that it can trick both signal to the ECU and actually does change the stoich level as intended...

They only cost a fraction more of the Booster Plug, but they do actually seem to work, if achieving to run the engine a fraction richer than 14.7 is what you are after...

Offline Geezer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »
I fitted one to my 2015 XCx and i havnt stalled it pulling away since (I was having the odd issue before).

Offline b12bandit

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 roadie
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »
I fitted a Booster Plug to my 2013 roadie. I really, really wanted it to work and transform the bike, like their marketing blurb said it would. I convinced myself that low speed pickup was better and the on/off throttle snatch had disappeared but....hand on heart, I don't think it's made any difference at all.
There has been much debate on this forum about Booster Plug with opinions divided.
My two pennies worth is 'don't bother'. 
'You can't lie to a nun'

Offline Turbo100

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 07:33:14 PM »
I bought and fitted one and noticed no change whatsoever, removed it and noticed to change whatsoever, sent it back quicker than it arrived.
IMO it is a load of rubbish.
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was.

Recent Topics