Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clever design of Monntek stand - and it works  (Read 1446 times)

Offline TigerDom

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800X
Clever design of Monntek stand - and it works
« on: June 02, 2017, 07:00:14 AM »
Got my Monntek a few days ago as I have no centre stand on my roadie. I'd been pondering traditional paddock stands but was a bit concerned about how you tip a bike upright safely with one; Alan's design looked ingenious.

The stand is a well-made bit of kit, and nicely finished. It is ridiculously easy to use, and once up the bike feels really safe and stable with the locking handle in place. A bit of rubber matting under the stand helps when easing the bike back down.

Alan was great with the comms - responding almost instantly to emails and also gave a forum discount  :152:

I can only think of one improvement - you need to get a Monntek brand sticker on there somewhere Alan!

Online Whoa

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Clever design of Monntek stand - and it works
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »
I would agree, got mine a few weeks ago and very happy with it. Once you have put the bike up and down a few times all the worries about it falling over disappear. :0461:
Whoa

Offline Bodderboy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »
Completely agree with all above. More than happy with mine.  :152:

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:19:48 AM »
Totally agree, haven't used it much with having a centre stand but mine was bought for my Street Triple. Possibly the ST fittings don't lift the tyre as high as a Tiger one would but enough clearance so  I can remove the wheel.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch