Out and About > Tiger Tracks Map Routes

Peak District & Yorkshire Dales - advice needed

(1/3) > >>

jacq:
Hi,

Last year I asked you about Snowdonia (and that was very helpful topic).
Now I am planing a short ride through Peak District and Yorkshire Dales.
I'll have one day for each (i.e. 1 day PD and 1 day YD).
After that I'll go to Lake District, but I have rough plan for that already.

What are places that I can't miss?
If you can give me some tips regarding best routes, places with nice views, maybe some GPS tracks (or even GPX) I'll be grateful.

healdem:
have a look at the 2013 minimeet thread
pretty certain there's a route there.

kbar800:
After the Peak District - make your way to Skipton A65 – then to Ingleton & the B6255 (Amazing roller coaster of a road and the Ribblehead Viaduct), to Hawes. Stop at the Weneslydale Cheese factory café (Fantastic food & sample / get some real cheese). Then to Hadraw (have a look at the falls), Buttertubbs pass to Thwaite .Then Keld, followed by the minor road to Tan Hill   and the famous Inn.
Then down to Kirby Stephen & where you can choose whether you going to North or South lakes while you have an ice cream.
This route is perfect Tiger Country & I have ridden it many times, and you get to see all the best of the Dales – believe me!

If you need any more advice on the Lakes let me know, as mobbed with tourist this time of year – but as I live there, still places to get away on good empty roads.

skinneroo:
A5004 buxton to whaley bridge and the yonderman cafe are both worth a punt :001:

healdem:
Originally Posted by skinneroo A5004 buxton to whaley bridge and the yonderman cafe are both worth a punt :001:
A5004, check
Cat & Fiddle, check
Yondermans, check
Tissington ford, check
... see post #2  :492:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version