Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2017 XCX Cruise Control  (Read 7968 times)

Offline pegasso650

• Tiger Member
  • Hi from Portleven
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
Re: 2017 XCX Cruise Control
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 06:45:45 AM »
Mine is a 2015 I didn't know they had changed. When I first got the bike I thought the cruise control didn't work as I was trying to operate it whilst riding it was only when I looked closely at the button that I worked it out. The instructions in the manual aren't very clear. 

Offline Turbo100

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • RIP
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 07:49:27 AM »
The instructions in the manual are rubbish, not made easy to understand and  give wrong information
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »
The on line manual still shows the old (2015/16) switch arrangement.
Cruise controls on most normal vehicles require a double action to engage. Usually there is some sort of "on" switch then a "set" switch. You also on most controls have the ability to adjust the speed up or down and to resume the set speed after using the brakes for example or on a bike changing gear.
As the switch is more or less square it seems to me that it should work the same as the 2015/2016 except that the seperate on button has been replaced by a double press of the set button.
The way I would be trying to get it to work would be a press of the lower left to turn the system on.
Another press of the lower left to set the speed.
Press the lower right or upper right to slow down or speed up.
Press the upper right to resume the set speed after braking or changing gear.
If it works any other way it is both illogical and a big divergence from the way the 20105/2016 switch operates.

Offline StantonRM3

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »
 :0461:

Offline Turbo100

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • RIP
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
What Kiwi has said is correct.
Pressing the lower right hand corner does seem to turn the system on and the second sets the speed.
BUT, the first press turns the system on but strangely the green CC dash light doesn't come on, so you don't know if it's activated or not until you press a second time, that second press brings the light on and sets the speed at the same time at the current MPH

Offline StantonRM3

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »
But that's just like the hard button.  I leave mine on the whole time, its not until you are actually cruising (Set) that the light turns on.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Turbo100 [+]
BUT, the first press turns the system on but strangely the green CC dash light doesn't come on, so you don't know if it's activated or not until you press a second time, that second press brings the light on and sets the speed at the same time at the current MPH

That is the same on the 2015/16 models and for that matter on my car and almost every car I can remember owning for the last 25 or 30 years. On my 2016 Tiger if I have on/off button pushed in there is no light. As soon as I push the set button the light illuminates.
The light is to let you know that the cruise control has control of the vehicles speed not that the system is activated. If you are running along the road with the cruise control on and you touch a brake or pull in the clutch the cruise control will cease to be in charge and the light goes out. If you then push the resume button the light will come back on and the vehicle will go back to whatever speed was previously set.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 10:43:37 AM by K1W1 »

Offline Turbo100

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • RIP
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by StantonRM3 [+]
But that's just like the hard button.  I leave mine on the whole time, its not until you are actually cruising (Set) that the light turns on.
When you say - leave it on the whole time  - is the green light on?
I alway have to press mine twice in quick succession, if I press it once then leave it say for a minute the second press does nothing 

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCA
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 12:21:29 PM »
midwesttrekker

Have you adjusted the brake pedal height?, a few months back I did just that and didn't adjust the brake light switch at the same time, consequently my brake light was illuminating without me noticing and I was unable to use the CC or even change riding modes until I worked out what was causing the issue.  Or have you fitted a new pattern clutch lever, without the additional tab for the switch.

Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bladerunner99 [+]
Or have you fitted a new pattern clutch lever, without the additional tab for the switch.

If the OP had done that I am sure he would also be saying that his fuel gauge is not working which is the other consequence of having the wrong style clutch lever.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch