Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Robbing Insurance Barstuards  (Read 735 times)

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
Robbing Insurance Barstuards
« on: June 17, 2017, 08:12:40 PM »
When I took my insurance out with Bennets I put down 3000 as the expected miles I would do in the 12 months, based on the last 3 years miles. After only 3 months I have already covered 3010 miles because I like listening to the triple exhaust tone  :001:
So this afternoon I rang Bennets to tell them to up my miles to 6000, no problem she said, that will be 89  :156: after a bit of argy-bargy with her she agreed to waive the admin charge of 35 making it 54 for 9 months cover.
IF I had told them 6000 miles in the first place it would have increased my premium by 8.30. So a word of warning, best to overestimate your expected mileage or they will f**K you whilst your pants are down and your back turned.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:14:13 PM by Turbo100 »
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Robbing Insurance Barstuards
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 08:22:24 PM »
The only way they make any money now is to charge excessively for changes, anything will do.

We only have ourselves to thank for it, we aggressively chase the cheapest deal on everything so companies have to be cheap or go to the wall so they look for exceptions and 'add ons' to make their margin.

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline tommyt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Re: Robbing Insurance Barstuards
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:02:07 PM »
What's even worse is when they "auto renew" when you have asked them not to. I always thought that one vehicle could not be insured by more than one insurance company. Apparently not! When my wife got 2 offers to renew her car insurance last month, we were a bit puzzled. It turned out that the company that insured the car for 2015/16 auto renewed for 2016/17 even though we had moved the insurance elsewhere.

I admit fault for not checking my bank statements etc, but at the time there was a lot of turmoil in our lives. What I didn't expect was that it would take me over 6 hours to sort it out between the two insurance companies and how difficult it was. I just got the impression that both companies had little interest in helping to resolve the problem, which left a very bitter taste. Neither company will get my business again and I am seriously thinking of giving up on the "cost comparison" websites and going back to the old fashioned method of using a broker.

TT

Recent Topics