Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quote  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Leicester Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »
Probably the best of all the companies I called. Really did seem to be doing everything to drive price down on my premium and you did offer the best price. BUT the excess was twice that of the next nearest quote, and there was no movement. Both companies used the same underwriter. Sorry Bikesure I've had to go elsewhere I can't be forking out that kind of excess....
To finish first, one first has to finish...

White 2018MY XRT

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: Quote
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:50:53 AM »
Insurance is gambling. You only pay the excess if you crash or have the bike stolen so even though an excess may be high from a company if your don't make a claim then over a number of years the savings on the premiums will more than cover an occasional claim excess. That is the gambling part and you obviously went the "I'm likely to need to make a claim" route. I on the other hand have made one motor vehicle (car and bike combined) claim in the last 40 years so I would have gone the cheap premium route.

Offline Leicester Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
Insurance is gambling. You only pay the excess if you crash or have the bike stolen so even though an excess may be high from a company if your don't make a claim then over a number of years the savings on the premiums will more than cover an occasional claim excess. That is the gambling part and you obviously went the "I'm likely to need to make a claim" route. I on the other hand have made one motor vehicle (car and bike combined) claim in the last 40 years so I would have gone the cheap premium route.

You're right and I probably should have chucked some numbers in to emphasise the point. The premium was 11.00 difference in the end and 250 less of a gamble on excess.
To finish first, one first has to finish...

White 2018MY XRT

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »
I guess you are anticipating making a claim in the next 24 or so years then.  :001:
I think given the numbers I would have made the same decision as you. Fortunately in some respects we don't get those sort of price variations in this country.

Recent Topics