Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which folding levers do I need to get for the XCA 17'  (Read 592 times)

Offline tonyleewalker

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCa
Which folding levers do I need to get for the XCA 17'
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »
Recently snapped the end off my OEM clutch lever, so needs replacing. Noticed there are a few folding options on the market, which seem useful for off roading and dropping the bike. I have seen something about there needing to be a specific lever to disengage the cruise control.

Any suggestions on lever options?

Thanks

Tony

Offline odum666

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: Which folding levers do I need to get for the XCA 17'
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 09:40:48 AM »
Dont know about a folding one but i snapped the brake lever on my xrt and replaced it with a bog standard after market one . No issues and everything works as it should regards the cruise control
when you sit on a sports bike you feel special...when you sit on an adventure bike you feel something special is going to happen!!

Offline tonyleewalker

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCa
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:53:50 AM »
What year is your XRT? I had read somewhere it's like 14/15 MY onwards that has an issue.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by odum666 [+]
Dont know about a folding one but i snapped the brake lever on my xrt and replaced it with a bog standard after market one . No issues and everything works as it should regards the cruise control

AIUI - That would be because it is the 'clutch' lever that operates the additional microswitch related to the cruise control. The lever has an additional lump that operates this switch and if pre-15 model (cable throttle, not fly-by-wire) levers are fitted then this piece is not present on the clutch lever and therefore causes issues.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:07:35 AM by Stevie.P »
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch