Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear shock adjustment  (Read 4259 times)

Offline asinop

• Tiger Member
  • asinop
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRX
Re: Rear shock adjustment
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 02:56:58 AM »
New at this  - but have tried adjusting my rear shock as well to get it a bit firmer. It feel a bit mushy at full setting. Here's what I found:

1) When I rotate it fully clockwise to make sure it is at the max (30 click setting), it is very tight but there does not appear to be a hard stop. Is that the correct assumption?

2) So I now go back it off 10 clicks counter-clockwise to adjust for my rider w/gear weight (about 100 kg). I don't really feel/hear the clicks moving counterclockwise. Is that normal, or have I just overtightened it to start (I have been counting turns)?

Any comment?

asinop

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: T800 FZ1N CBR929
Re: Rear shock adjustment
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »
best advise i can give is change the shock. they are just sh*t. i went to adjust my OEM shock and like you just kept turning then the tip came out (i was not the only one with this problem lots on here say same thing). the shocks really are just crap. I put a Nitron R1 shock on and what a different bike. I wont go on about them just look on this forum about the shocks. just get rid of it if you can afford to its the best money you will ever spend. nitro come pre set up to your weight so just fit and go. and really easy to adjust if needed takes one min to do. they have 21 clicks of adjustment.
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Recent Topics