Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Arrow exhaust offer  (Read 5418 times)

Online Turbo100

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
Re: Arrow exhaust offer
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by kokkios [+]
So you just cant remove the baffle?

Well nothing is impossible, it will require grinding the visible weld away with something like a Dremel and hope that no weld is hidden away, I don't think it will be though.
It was a friends bike I was looking at, had it been my own I would have removed it but wouldn't be happy attempting it with someone else's pride and joy
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:40:49 PM by Turbo100 »
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was.

Offline Piet

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: '12 Tiger 800
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:36 AM »
Mine is a A9600541, with (Torx) bolt, but still can't remove the baffle. It's so completely stuck, even the dealer can't get it out.

I sold mine again and now am about to order a LeoVince (just need to decide between SS and black :033:)

Offline maninthejar

• Tiger Member
  • Last of the teenage idols
  • Bike: STR + Tiger XRX
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2017, 12:41:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Piet [+]
Mine is a A9600541, with (Torx) bolt, but still can't remove the baffle. It's so completely stuck, even the dealer can't get it out.

I sold mine again and now am about to order a LeoVince (just need to decide between SS and black :033:)

Strange though it might sound a broom handle is just the tool for removing stuck baffles. Push the handle into the end of the baffle and waggle it about  - this usually does the trick.
Me, I'm just a lawnmower you can tell me by the way I walk.

Offline Piet

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: '12 Tiger 800
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2017, 01:30:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by maninthejar [+]
Strange though it might sound a broom handle is just the tool for removing stuck baffles. Push the handle into the end of the baffle and waggle it about  - this usually does the trick.
This isn't usual(ly) I'm afraid :-( Even my dealer couldn't get it done and I tried myself with a sort of pulley puller I made from a hook welded onto an M12 thread so I could "screw" it out: no result.

I put it up for sale again, looking for a LeoVince now as I wrote above.

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2017, 05:59:16 PM »
The baffle on my Arrow can is seized solid, without some major work, it ain't moving.

Not that it bothers me.

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XRx
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2017, 09:40:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Piet [+]
This isn't usual(ly) I'm afraid :-( Even my dealer couldn't get it done and I tried myself with a sort of pulley puller I made from a hook welded onto an M12 thread so I could "screw" it out: no result.

Ditto this is what my dealer said 'broom handle' they tried and at the third Arrow can they finally got one out.
BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx

Online Shergar

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2017, 07:01:03 PM »
I know there's been comments on this before but is anyone with a 2017 model XRX or XRT able to give me an indication as to what the MPG hit is with the Arrow can and associated remap?
I'm not really worried about the extra power but would be happy for the bike (and its owner) to lose a few pounds

The other option is to retain the original mapping with an Arrow can, again anyone with a 2017 model able to comment on that? Dealer says it does need a remap but I am not convinced.

I like the fuel economy I get at present, don't mind taking a small hit of 1 or 2 MPG on average but don't really want to drop it too much.

Cheers

Shergar
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:02:50 PM by Shergar »

Offline Huggy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Xrt
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »
I have a 2017 Tiger XRT with an Arrow exhaust fitted by my dealer, a remap is not required!! I can't see any difference with fuel consumption between original exhaust to the the arrow exhaust. The arrow exhaust is lighter and in my opinion sounds better.  :001:

Offline Mav

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2017, 02:19:02 PM »
I have a 2017 XRx with the Arrow exhaust and Arrow map. Normal riding I have not seen any difference in MPG. If I ride a harder then the MPG can dramatically go down, But whether or not that is the Arrow map I don't know. My dealer fitted my exhaust on its 500 mile service, so I didn't open it up much before it was fitted.

Recent Topics