IMG 0915

Views: 210
Posted by: BundyJD
in: BundyJD
Lopwell Dam Devon

Views: 165
Posted by: Skez
in: Skez

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First Few Hundred Miles  (Read 1191 times)

Online Fuge

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
Re: First Few Hundred Miles
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by gazxclent [+]
yokohamas of the 70's
My word, I remember those horrors, had them on my first bike (RD 200 Yam) and made learning to ride quite a frightening experience.  :005:

Argueably, the only good thing about them was they never wore out . . .   :492:

Online spencert231

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC ABS
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 11:43:06 PM »
Good thread, we are all typical bikers thinking there is a better tyre, a better bike, a better screen, etc.. But alas it's down to personal preferences. My old roadie had Scorpions on and to be honest never ever had a problem changed at 6500 approx had PR4s and only them did I realise how bad they were, had a standard screeen no problem, but everyone was saying how bad they were, I bought a Givi Airflow awesom and only then did I realise how bad the standard screen was. We live and we learn and some times influenced by others opinions. My advice love what you have if you can afford it change it, if you believe the opinion of others follow it, if you are in doubts ask those who have been there on this forum. I remember once being told the Tiger 800 was top heavy I had never noticed it and never entered my head until then, guess what I thought it was top heavy.

Love your bike don't listen to others who try to discredit it.
As a Welshman only God can judge me

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by spencert231 [+]
Good thread, we are all typical bikers thinking there is a better tyre, a better bike, a better screen, etc.. But alas it's down to personal preferences. My old roadie had Scorpions on and to be honest never ever had a problem changed at 6500 approx had PR4s and only them did I realise how bad they were, had a standard screeen no problem, but everyone was saying how bad they were, I bought a Givi Airflow awesom and only then did I realise how bad the standard screen was. We live and we learn and some times influenced by others opinions. My advice love what you have if you can afford it change it, if you believe the opinion of others follow it, if you are in doubts ask those who have been there on this forum. I remember once being told the Tiger 800 was top heavy I had never noticed it and never entered my head until then, guess what I thought it was top heavy.

Love your bike don't listen to others who try to discredit it.

+1 for sure. I have gone the full circle on my 2012 Roadie. Discovered the weak features, and with the help of this forum fixed the things that bothered me and been a happy guy since. Is it the perfect bike? Of course not but I have got it setup to be the perfect bike for me.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by spencert231 [+]
Good thread, we are all typical bikers thinking there is a better tyre, a better bike, a better screen, etc.. But alas it's down to personal preferences.
+1
Live is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
The Tex motor feels much stronger than the 800 to me.

Online Nick_2112

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 10:41:24 PM »
I have an XC so different tyre sizes but, IMO the Pirelli scorpion trail 11 tyres are way better than the original scorpion 1. Night and day better!

The scorpion 11's come standard on some Multistrada's and they have a lot of love for the scorp 11's on their forum (Ducati)

I know tyres are a personal choice and everyone has a make / type they either love or hate, but don't rule out Pirelli scorp 11's just because the scorp 1 was terrible.

Offline upthepalace

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 10:17:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]

It is of course but power to weight ratio, etc, etc.  I am already having no problem keeping up with my close mate on his Tex and he's kind of scratching his head  :027: 

Online spencert231

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC ABS
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 12:55:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by upthepalace [+]
It is of course but power to weight ratio, etc, etc.  I am already having no problem keeping up with my close mate on his Tex and he's kind of scratching his head  :027:

You need to change gear😂😂
As a Welshman only God can judge me

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 03:58:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
Doh..?, it's 50% larger in displacement, makes 40 more horsepower & 30-some more Lb./Ft. of torque.  :017:
(there will always be a bigger / more powerful engine offered - somewhere...  :033: )
I've ridden all-around the United States and parts of Arkansas.

Recent Topics