Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bay lowering link  (Read 540 times)

Offline Kowalski

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger xc
Bay lowering link
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:28:24 AM »
So i bought a $20 set of lowering links off of eBay. They are a generic set that probably fit multiple bikes but the description said fits Tiger 800. The hole size is correct but there are 3 holes of which only 2 are longer than the original links( longer distance between holes means the bike sits lower). The issue i have is the 2 holes are offset to one side so they are not on the original centre line. I have installed them and the bike sits lower now but my concern is how has this offset affected the rear geometry if at all? Please see pic as this may appear hard to understand. Cheers

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Bay lowering link
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 07:25:43 AM »
They're still in line, the distance between the two bolt centres is the effective length.
The geometry of the bike is the same as it would be if the holes were in the centre of the dogbone at the same distance apart.

They look a bit odd but as long as they don't foul anything, they'll be fine.

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Kowalski

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger xc
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
They're still in line, the distance between the two bolt centres is the effective length.
The geometry of the bike is the same as it would be if the holes were in the centre of the dogbone at the same distance apart.

They look a bit odd but as long as they don't foul anything, they'll be fine.
Thanks for the confirmation RTWO. I could`t quite get my head around what the offset would create.The bike appears fine to ride. I dropped the forks 15mm to compensate for the lower rear too.

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: T800 FZ1N CBR929
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:47:55 AM »
I would not be to happy having the extra holes in the dog bones. first set i have seen where they have put 3 holes in for different bikes. very poor to be honest. i higher most of my bikes so buy them all the time. i would look for a set with just the one hole. sure the other holes would make weak points.sure they would be fine but would not want them on my bike.I always use these people item number on ebay is 230588313634
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Recent Topics

winded-staunch