Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: which helmet?  (Read 2784 times)

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Re: which helmet?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
unless you know your sizing, you might want to make certain the helmet fits before buying, as its stuff all use if it doesn't fit you correctly

Offline sundance

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »
of course my friend.

the links are on this website for my ease... :031:

i will buy it, from a shop somewhere near my place!

let's focus on topic!

Offline Guldur

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xc abs

Offline GRN

• Tiger Master
  • Where does that road go?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »
Everything beyond make sure it fits properly and is comfy gets too subjective for me. Most have good venting these days. My next will be an RF11, solid axis yellow for best visual impact.
Greg - Seattle, WA
AMA, MSF RC, etc.
'04 ST1300 SOLD... Heavily customized DR650 in the works 8^)

Offline Stewmarsh

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »
:152:
I've got the shoei qwest very pleased with it very quiet,feels allot more expensive than it is.

Offline sundance

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »
i am about to buy the qwest too, cause it is designed for off-road motorcycles (upright position)

could you tell me a few things about these factors:

1. weight, how does it feel?

2. aerodynamics (i have a problem with my neck, so i want a very well balanced helmet...)

3. venting

4. visor (antifog etc)

5. noise

one of the things that i don't like is that the inner lining is not removable, only the cheek pads. how do you clean it?

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
Well I just got a new Arai Quantum.  Light, well balanced, superb peripheral vision, venting that really works, pin lock visor.

Down side is the visor change mechanism.  Never seen anything like it.  1st time I took the visor off it took 20 minutes to get it back on.  Now about the same time as my old Shoei Multitec.

Definitely recommend it. 

As always doesn't matter how tempting the internet price is don't do it until you're tried on the exact make/model you are buying on line.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline tiggersteve

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »
sundance,
I have the xr1100 same weight as the qwest  has a wider periferal view (5mm per side) doesn't sound like much but swopping between lids you notice it,
lots of vents which work,
and it has a removable skull cap as well as cheek pads,
pin lock system as well,
worth a look
personal obviously but i must have a shoei head, fit is great, was lookin at the arai quantum but fit was awful

Offline hANNAbONE

• Tiger Master
  • .......patiently waiting.......
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 04:18:29 PM »
I also have Arai Quantum & Shoei R-11
I love the Arai - but on two +5000 mile trips the windscreen popped the side cover off breaking the little plastic (*read : WEAK-A$$*) peg holder that holds the whole freekin' visor on and in place.!
This happened twice to me one year apart. Go ahead - ask me if I was mad.!
Mad enough that I wrote to the AraiUSA VP in Florida. Told him what I thought about his terrific helmet, but ranted on him on the weak link - that freekin' little plastic tab THAT RUINED BOTH OF MY LONG SUMMER TRIPS..! I had to duct tape the visor and the side plactic holder etc...IT SO SUCKED.! He told me that no one else experiences the problem and perhaps I should get an ARAI OFF-ROAD HELMET instead. 
 Wh-wh-wh-what..!?!?!????
========================
Suffice to say that I'm back with my Shoei's...and back with the ease of operation and use DAILY with no hiccups and no problems.

My advise - Get the SHOEI R11 (non-black.....black is way too hot*)

*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Well I just got a new Arai Quantum.  Light, well balanced, superb peripheral vision, venting that really works, pin lock visor.

Down side is the visor change mechanism.  Never seen anything like it.  1st time I took the visor off it took 20 minutes to get it back on.  Now about the same time as my old Shoei Multitec.

Definitely recommend it. 

As always doesn't matter how tempting the internet price is don't do it until you're tried on the exact make/model you are buying on line.
hANNABONE
'07 BMW K12R.sport
'09 Kawa KLR 651 & '11 Trumpy Tiger XC (**soon**)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch