Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Alternative Regulator Rectifiers for 800XC  (Read 11604 times)

Offline Debesys

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS
Re: Alternative Regulator Rectifiers for 800XC
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
Search for my thread on wiring problems. Cheap reg/rec blew my wiring. Every bulb, fuse and even my clocks went with a bang. Get yourself a second hand genuine one instead. It's not worth the aggro buying cheap pattern parts for your bikes electrics.
You are right. I asked on ebay one of buyers. His answer:

Hi, From memory I bought two units from different sellers. The first was about 50 and was rubbish, failed almost immediately, the second was about 120 and worked fine. Hope this helps

Offline Nelizzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Snot green
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2021, 02:38:48 PM »
My general motorparts supplier (brake pads, filters, liquids etc) here in The Netherlands delivered this one to me:

DZE 2425 link

2 years and about 50000km done with it now, and no problems.
I am at about 190000km now since new.

(my supplier had good experiences with this manufacturer for various motorcycle brands, and prices are about 140 so not the cheap one, at least, not for me  :006: for the supplier it may be...  :001:)
Nelizzz

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:46:33 PM by Nelizzz »

Offline jackOkeef

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger800 xrt
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2021, 10:00:40 AM »
My rectifier died on me year ( 35000 miles ).Little warning - "Low Battery" came up,then dead at the lights.Fortunately it was in the centre of town and a 5 minute push to a garage where it was stored the weekend and a 15min walk to the train .Another 5 minutes and I would have been stranded in the Cumbrian countryside. Cost close to 300 with labour ,on a new one .Mechanic said it was a problem with a few other Triumphs  that he,d encountered . Just wondered if it has something to do with the much vaunted 65W output ? ( something like that- I know bugger all about electronics ).I know the heated seat gets unbearably hot on max ,even through three layers and thick motorcycle  pants.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2021, 11:14:19 AM »
I am more inclined to believe it is the poor location of the R/R that is the likely problem. On the basis it works on dumping excess power through dissapating heat then its position directly above the exhaust headers and rear of the radiator isn't the best choice for a cooling airflow. :027:

As for 65w ... that's only just 5A or 1 headlight bulb on full beam. :005: Depending on the year of your XRt the early ones had an upgraded alternator at 42A (approx. 500w) and later ones (I suspect the LED headlight ones) have the standard 34A (approx. 400w) alternator. :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Debesys

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2021, 12:35:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nelizzz [+]
My general motorparts supplier (brake pads, filters, liquids etc) here in The Netherlands delivered this one to me:

DZE 2425 link

2 years and about 50000km done with it now, and no problems.
I am at about 190000km now since new.

(my supplier had good experiences with this manufacturer for various motorcycle brands, and prices are about 140 so not the cheap one, at least, not for me  :006: for the supplier it may be...  :001:)
Nelizzz
Hi
where did you get to buy? Do you have any link?

Offline Nelizzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Snot green
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Debesys [+]
Hi
where did you get to buy? Do you have any link?

Hi sorry for the late reply

dutch site, no brand mentioned; I contacted the owner via contact page first.
Still available:
https://www.bolski.nl/triumph-tiger-800/spanningsregelaar-mosfet-triumph

Offline Debesys

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2021, 09:00:22 PM »
Thanks! I ordered already today from Poland
~105eur + shipment, ~120eur in total
https://motoluka.pl/honda/117160-dze-regulator-napiecia-triumph-rocket-speed-triple-tiger.html

Recent Topics

winded-staunch