Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Low oil pressure light, inconsistent  (Read 3594 times)

Offline jackactual

• Tiger Member
  • The West is the Best!
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800XC
Re: Low oil pressure light, inconsistent
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »
Well I spoke too soon. The oil pressure light flickered on again almost immediately after my last post, staying on most of the time. Changed the oil and filter early using the Triumph filter. Continued to flicker for about 200 miles and is now "off" for the lat 100 miles or so. Not going back to K&N again!

Offline NORTY

• Tiger Master
  • RiderCoach
  • Bike: 2012 800XC
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 01:34:31 AM »
Sometime's, the engineers that designed and built an engine, require the use of the parts their engine is certified with. Sometime's, the engines themselves demand those same OEM parts. This may be one of "those" times.
I like "K & N" filters (air) but it appears the relief spring for the 800cc mill isn't co operating.

One last thought~ Fuel dilution in the oil pool can reduce the viscosity to the point that a "low oil pressure" event can happen. 
MSF RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!) :)

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »
Double check the oil pressure switch area for arcing. My old Speed Four starting to show the oil pressure light on and off. Turned out that rubber cover that keeps the electrics dry, had perished. Triumph didn't supply the part so had to use a cable gland that I cut down to stop the water getting to it.

Recent Topics