Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XCx Rider Mode Queation  (Read 953 times)

Offline restandplay

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCx
XCx Rider Mode Queation
« on: September 17, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »
Hi

In the rider mode does it affect the expected miles per gallon? meaning would the bike have a better MPG using the road mode.

Derek

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: XCx Rider Mode Queation
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »
There's no expected mpg.  There's average & instantaneous.  Average is since last reset.  There is also Range to empty.  This really should be titled "Range to empty under present riding conditions"  So if you ride like a loon the range is less.  If you do lots of stop start traffic and don't / can't filter - the range is less.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline SteveD

• Tiger Member
  • Ride on the steel breeze...
  • Bike: XRT (Orange)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »
I would expect poorer mpg from a sportier mode.

Having said that, the lack of "Rain" mode on my XRT has me slightly perplexed. I have an "Off Road" mode (why?) and a custom mode.

And having said that, I'm really pleased with the improved efficiency over my old Roadie. I now have a 200 mile tank range for the first time since I sold my last 955 Sprint!
2015 Tiger 800 XRT
1972 CB500/4 (Goldie)
Blog

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 10:18:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by SteveD [+]
Having said that, the lack of "Rain" mode on my XRT has me slightly perplexed. I have an "Off Road" mode (why?) and a custom mode.

You will (should) have 3 modes: ROAD, RIDER, & OFF ROAD.

You go to 'RIDER' mode and then within that you select: RAIN, ROAD, SPORT or OFF ROAD mode.

Pages 44/45 of the manual. That said I've never bothered to learn how to change mode and for 2yrs my XRt has simply been left in ROAD mode as supplied.  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline The Reaper

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRX
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 12:28:20 PM »
 I leave mine in Sport mode 98% of the time and achieve 55-65 mpg depending on how hard I ride. Perfectly adequate I think!

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 01:12:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

You go to 'RIDER' mode and then within that you select: RAIN, ROAD, SPORT or OFF ROAD mode.

That is what my XRx has. I used rain once when the bike was new and it was pouring couldn't notice any worthwhile difference and have never bothered again.

As to mileage I have varied between sport and road and can't really notice any significant difference if you ride pretty much the same in either mode. If you have it in sport because you want to ride like a sports bike rider then the mpg does drop a bit.

Offline SteveD

• Tiger Member
  • Ride on the steel breeze...
  • Bike: XRT (Orange)
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 11:22:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]

Pages 44/45 of the manual. That said I've never bothered to learn how to change mode and for 2yrs my XRt has simply been left in ROAD mode as supplied.  :028:

Ahhh.
I assumed that RIDER was the custom mode. I've never actually selected it. If I had, I would have noticed the additional settings.

As I ride all year, I expect/hope to try out RAIN mode when it is slippery.
2015 Tiger 800 XRT
1972 CB500/4 (Goldie)
Blog

Recent Topics